TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get about 130KM on a tank of gas, excluding res.

How about you guys, anyone drain the tank completely?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I get about 130KM on a tank of gas, excluding res.

How about you guys, anyone drain the tank completely?

It sounds like you're getting HORRIBLE gas mileage, just like I get. I've read of people on this forum getting 80, 90, 100 miles to the gallon. You and I seem to be getting about 65 MPG. Maybe the name Rodney=Bad Gas Mileage. Someone correct me if I'm talking nonsense here.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmm, my name is not rodney and if the guy here who said the TW has 1.4g's until reserve is correct, I'm getting 65-72. My best before reserve was 102, my last was 94 and I ride pretty conservatively, never above 55 with 14/45 gearing.

kinda sucks for a 200, I had a ninja 500 that easily got 60, and a rebel 250 that ALWAYS got at least 85 even winding it out all the time. That damn thing would of easily gotten over 100 if you rode it easy. maybe 110-120. Just as/more efficient as a 50cc and you can do 80 if you need to..beats being stuck at 35 mph. 250's kick ass!

I guess the TW just lacks the power to do 55-60 as easily as the 250's 14/45 might be a bit too tall and require more too, 14/47 is probably more efficient for street, I dunno...oh well. 65 is good enough I guess.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL... Yea, I kinda drive with the throttle near max in every gear. My excuse is it's only 200cc bike
May bad!

It sounds like you're getting HORRIBLE gas mileage, just like I get. I've read of people on this forum getting 80, 90, 100 miles to the gallon. You and I seem to be getting about 65 MPG. Maybe the name Rodney=Bad Gas Mileage. Someone correct me if I'm talking nonsense here.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I've been getting between 72 and 75 MPG lately.

Mostly on pavement.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have 2 tw's one 2008, one 2009.

one I have ridden 2,000+ the other close to 3,000.

I have lifetime average on both 83+ mpg.

One has been ridden a lot more off road than the other, but nothing difficult.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just finished a 240 mile ride in the Willowa/Blue Mtns of eastern OR and WA on my completely stock 2010. Some pavement, lots of dirt and very gnarly tracks. 83 mpg.

My buddy on a 2006 TW that has been mod to different gears and carb settings did MUCH WORSE. About 65 mpg.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub has gone over 240 miles. Then I go to the main tank and can go another 300 miles or better before hitting reserve, which is only good for about 12 miles.

MPG has ranged from 42 to 111 depending on tune, weather, and how ridden.

·
Registered
701 Posts
For another data point.. I took a long paved ride with some friends yesterday on my 97, running a 42 pilot and a 114 main, a few shims under the needle: mostly 50-60mph riding, lots of intersections. I carry a lot of crap, with an ammo can with rain gear / misc stuff on one side, and a kolpin fuel pack jr on the other side of my cycle rack, with an enduro type fairing bag, and a good sized tailbag with drinks and bungee cords and such on the back of the cycle rack.

Bike is 14/47 geared with a kenda K270 front, TW34 in the back, running 21 psi front, 21 psi rear, and I weigh about 175 in full gear. I almost always run Sunoco 89 octane in the bike, and mobil 1 racing 4T oil.. a bit thin for the temperature lately, but I don't usually ride this kind of distance, either.

76 miles to reserve (almost always what I get these days), and then almost another 40 miles on reserve!

114.5 miles before I decided not to push my luck any farther and stopped for gas: filled with 1.72 gallons, so about 66.5mpg overall. Thats the most gas I've ever been able to stuff in this little bike.. bonus was the fireworks show I got to watch from the gas station. Apparently one of the local state colleges has students back, now.. yay traffic and cagers not paying attention to me.

(I do miss this bike's lighter days, when corn gas wasn't as prevalent and I'd get 88mpg consistantly)

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Best I've had is 156 miles to bone dry. Just had to find out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts