Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2V2g_jurM&hd=1[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mflMSSHyk&hd=1[/media]

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'll bet your videos are real good. At my crappy DSL speed it would take about 18 minutes to watch that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi, how are you? Or how high are you?
nice vid

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Judging by the time it took you to get from the valley floor to the top your estimate of 120 feet seems about right. But looking at you way in the distance makes it look (to me) more like 300 or 400 feet.

That aside, I really liked the lower camera view. Watching the front wheel work was intriguing. On the down side, it does seems like you are putting you camera at risk of a rock or stick of something substantial striking it as some dry grass did score hits. Good job!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Judging by the time it took you to get from the valley floor to the top your estimate of 120 feet seems about right. But looking at you way in the distance makes it look (to me) more like 300 or 400 feet.

That aside, I really liked the lower camera view. Watching the front wheel work was intriguing. On the down side, it does seems like you are putting you camera at risk of a rock or stick of something substantial striking it as some dry grass did score hits. Good job!

Hard to tell on the height.

I have a Kodak Playsport, which I have seen thrown from a helicopter 90 meters to the ground without damage in an impact test ... so I have no concerns about it being able to take a few rocks. It's also waterproof.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll bet your videos are real good. At my crappy DSL speed it would take about 18 minutes to watch that.

- Ouch, 18 mins to watch?

Sadly, it takes me about 25 mins just to encode an HD video of this length, and we won't even get into the hours of editing or the time it takes to film.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the video. Looks like you have access to some nice places to ride!

Makes me wish that I was closer to some hills, but Houston area is pretty flat.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a gopro and I'm a sissy about mounting it below for fear I would smash it on jumps. Cool video's man, keep em coming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts