TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
My first wreck didn't destroy my Kawasaki 250 but I did have a sever case of road rash/burns, plus 31 stitches in my chin, where unless I wear a Goatee, you can see the scar to this day, nearly 40 years later....like the guy telling the story, I was young, but not that young, I was 26 and had been riding well over 1 year and put a few thousand miles on the bike, plus I was doing the local MotorX races....all it takes is a second of inattention and you can be really dead...or in my case, looking much like a Mummy for a couple of weeks.....the second and final major wreck was much less my fault{actually not at all my fault} but you still cannot afford to be less than totally diligent. It Hurts...but you never forget that first "close encounter with the afterlife"

40 years later(next July) the scar can still be seen...parallel to my lips and down the right side of my chin{left side looking at photo}...my chin was laid open...I remember picking up the Kaw and some guy pulling up behind me saying "I'll take you to the Hospital"...I said "No Thanks, I'm OK"...he sez...."Take a look in my mirror"....that convinced me I might need a bit of medical attention :eek: I was wearing a Helmet, but it wasn't full face.....and therein lies a lesson to be learned.

Sczar 003.JPG

Registered
Rider safety courses are not just for beginners.

The advanced courses are quite challenging, even for those of us who have been riding for 40 years or more.

I will take and retake any course if one of my friends won't take it alone.

Banned
I always get a kick out of that RUB video.

Ditto on the training. I've taken every course I've been able to find, from the BRC to 160mph track days with instructors to trials instruction. I've seen every video I've heard of and read every book I can find. There is always more to learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts