TW200 Forum banner

641 - 658 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
RATS!! It's supposed to snow again tonight!! :nono:

:angry9:
Sorry LT. It has to be all that "Global Warming Shit" so as long as it stays out on the left coast for at least another month or so I will be OK with it. We needed the AC here in the NY mountains a week ago and then the heat the next morning with a heavy frost. I actually love this time of the year with the 4 seasons and all the changes. I can tell the season is about to change pretty quick here because out in my lawn this afternoon I found 4 nice Garter Snakes on the move and probably heading for wherever they den up for the winter. About 2 miles down my mountain I saw 2 big timber rattlers crossing the road and doing the same, they don't come up this high to here but when the snakes are on the move it is a clear indication that the weather is soon to change. Have fun out there and go make a snowman if you get enough and just quityerbichen.:D

GaryL

·
Registered
522 Posts
We've had a respite from the heat for a few days and yesterday we got a 1.75" break from the long period of drought. Not much but highly welcomed and settled the dust some.

Marty

·
Registered
20 Posts
Walking the dog the other evening. The snow on the mountain all melted off the next day. Its 60s today, it feels hot.

Haley walk oct 2019.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #644

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
By the way, I like your quote! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hang on to your hat, I've heard the Rockies are going to get pounded pretty soon.
Probably wont get much where I am, and it should warm up in a couple days. Roads should be good pretty quickly. Its early for serious snow.

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
4 inches of new snow out there from last night. It almost caved in my awning over the porch swing. Way too early for this...

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
And On The Seventh Day...
After six days riding with Admiral, Eckhart and then Mrs Admiral & Bananachunks in weather up to 40 degrees colder than normal I took off Monday and enjoyed some much warmer Yosemite in the low 70's.

Was fun to hike the granites away from the crowds while envisioning how well Betty Boop would do on side sloping slickrock. +J9KLs2YQDuRFYyEm1bc5w_thumb_2da1.jpg

Certainly there would be no shortage of traction, and the views are good in all directions. Half Dome view.jpg

Getting up close and personal is always nice, even if bike has to stay in the parking lot.:rolleyes: Tioga.jpg

To keep from scaring away the tourists I did soak away most of the trail grime first in some hot springs. Had these all to myself. travertine 10:7:19jpg.jpg

Flow rates and temperatures were unusally high that morning, this one was almost scaldingly hot. Nice after previous day's 20 degree dawn though. travertine 2.jpg
Have lots of videos and photos of previous weeks good riding with good people in good places to weed through. From under one mile to over two miles above sea level we wandered all over. An awesome week with great companions!

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #652

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Fred, you always find the most interesting and beautiful places to ride!! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
Snowed again today :mad:

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
Sunny here but freezing... :rolleyes:

641 - 658 of 658 Posts