TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
.......... '06 Yamaha 650 Classic, the wife's ....... She has sentimental value invested in it, probably has been ridden 20 miles in 2 years. It's too small for me to ride, I feel like my knees are banging on the handlebars.

'04 BMW F650GS .... Factory lowered, great bike for the wife as she has shorter legs. A comfortable bike for me to ride, also. I like the power of the Rotax (spelling?) engine and low center of gravity.

'89 TW200 Black Widow ......... Found this one at a decent price and invested moderate $$ as it needed a lot of TLC. I fell for the paint scheme, could have shopped around/waited for a better deal. But, I love the paint and it has been fun wrenching and learning on this bike. In fact, I'd do it again if I could find a clunker at a bargain price. This bike is a keeper as I enjoy hitting the off roads and plan on this as the "training" bike for the grandkids.

'17 Honda Africa Twin DCT ......... Another keeper. I bought this fully farkled bike about 1.5 years ago after l located a motivated seller in Texas. I got a killer deal, he got green cash, both of us walked away happy campers. And yes, I am sold on the DCT. Put the tranny in sport 3 mode and nail the throttle and you'll be smiling big time.

I find myself thinking about a Yamaha WR250R quite a bit ..... but at my age and adding more speed off road is probably not a good recipe. The TW is a perfect bike for me for those occasions.

·
Registered
39 Posts

06 Triumph Thruxton -Custom first bike I bought new. I've got plenty of sweat, blood, and tears into the build. I always come back to enjoy riding the damn thing.

16 Triumph Speed Triple - While enjoyable, I'm finding the exact same problem with the front brakes that I had with my 16 Thruxton R. That neither my local triumph shop, or triumph north america could solve. They even at one point agreed to exchange/buyback for the lemon law.

72 Triumph Daytona Project. This ole girl spent 30+ years in a barn in oregon, the past 4 in my living room waiting for funds to rebuild the motor and transmission. Will be a rust-oration. No paint or polishing, just new electrical, rubber, and rebuilds.

16 Tdub.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Over my 43 year riding addiction (to date) I have had around 100 machines slide through my possession. As of now I am down to 3. 1999 TW-200, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10 (Nekkid), 2013 Kawasaki C-14 Concours (WakiSaki).
I ave a strong feeling that later this winter I will be rebuilding a 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 and/or a 1972 RD-200B.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Currently, I've just got a 2019 TW200 and a 1973 Yamaha RD350 ... the later is not currently running and needs some love. I would like to get that back up and going this year. Eventually I'm looking for something with a bit more power than the TW for longer/adventure trips. Haven't figured that out yet, and I need to finalize the RD first.

·
Registered
326 Posts
2014 Yamaha xt250, fun bike for local rural riding, 2015 BMW F700GS, very fun bike for highway and hard surface gravel roads with a Cummins (rotax) 800cc detuned engine for lots of torque but slow acceleration with 250cc fuel economy, and a 2016 BMW r1200rt for luxury riding on the highway

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Currently, I've just got a 2019 TW200 and a 1973 Yamaha RD350 ... the later is not currently running and needs some love. I would like to get that back up and going this year. Eventually I'm looking for something with a bit more power than the TW for longer/adventure trips. Haven't figured that out yet, and I need to finalize the RD first.
I know what you mean Tyler. I was considering the Honda cfr450l, and I may yet buy one in a couple of years. I have a few bikes competing for #3 lol. Maybe a stronger dual sport, maybe a street bike. Maybe a Ducati scrambler desert sled! So many choices, so little money lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2014 Yamaha xt250, fun bike for local rural riding, 2015 BMW F700GS, very fun bike for highway and hard surface gravel roads with a Cummins (rotax) 800cc detuned engine for lots of torque but slow acceleration with 250cc fuel economy, and a 2016 BMW r1200rt for luxury riding on the highway
Sounds like you have all the bases covered Silverwing! Nice. 👍

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

2009 DR650
2007 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2017 Coleman CT200-U

Yeah, no TDUB....it was sold and replaced by the DR. Watching for another one to get the Mrs on a bike, but they're like hen's teeth around here.
Well Fishguy, the 2019 Tdubs are selling at around $3,800 for a brand new one in Ohio. It sure is hard to find a deal on a used one. That's what I did, because I got tired of looking... and lazy. Lol Happy hunting!👍

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Over my 43 year riding addiction (to date) I have had around 100 machines slide through my possession. As of now I am down to 3. 1999 TW-200, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10 (Nekkid), 2013 Kawasaki C-14 Concours (WakiSaki).
I ave a strong feeling that later this winter I will be rebuilding a 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 and/or a 1972 RD-200B.
Wow! Nice Zxtasy! The Thruxton is very bad ass indeed. Chub indicator very high on that one for sure. Lol. I was looking at a similar Jap bike while I was waiting for my Tdub paperwork last week. Not as cool as a Triumph, but it is more affordable, and is currently competing for cycle #3, with a couple of other bikes. Chub factor, meets budget. Lol. Here's a
few pics I took of her:

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

06 Triumph Thruxton -Custom first bike I bought new. I've got plenty of sweat, blood, and tears into the build. I always come back to enjoy riding the damn thing.

16 Triumph Speed Triple - While enjoyable, I'm finding the exact same problem with the front brakes that I had with my 16 Thruxton R. That neither my local triumph shop, or triumph north america could solve. They even at one point agreed to exchange/buyback for the lemon law.

72 Triumph Daytona Project. This ole girl spent 30+ years in a barn in oregon, the past 4 in my living room waiting for funds to rebuild the motor and transmission. Will be a rust-oration. No paint or polishing, just new electrical, rubber, and rebuilds.

16 Tdub.
Another 2 Thruxtons, and a Daytona to boot! Its the biggest British invasion since the Beatles! Lol. All very nice bikes Skinny. 👍

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
.......... '06 Yamaha 650 Classic, the wife's ....... She has sentimental value invested in it, probably has been ridden 20 miles in 2 years. It's too small for me to ride, I feel like my knees are banging on the handlebars.

'04 BMW F650GS .... Factory lowered, great bike for the wife as she has shorter legs. A comfortable bike for me to ride, also. I like the power of the Rotax (spelling?) engine and low center of gravity.

'89 TW200 Black Widow ......... Found this one at a decent price and invested moderate $$ as it needed a lot of TLC. I fell for the paint scheme, could have shopped around/waited for a better deal. But, I love the paint and it has been fun wrenching and learning on this bike. In fact, I'd do it again if I could find a clunker at a bargain price. This bike is a keeper as I enjoy hitting the off roads and plan on this as the "training" bike for the grandkids.

'17 Honda Africa Twin DCT ......... Another keeper. I bought this fully farkled bike about 1.5 years ago after l located a motivated seller in Texas. I got a killer deal, he got green cash, both of us walked away happy campers. And yes, I am sold on the DCT. Put the tranny in sport 3 mode and nail the throttle and you'll be smiling big time.

I find myself thinking about a Yamaha WR250R quite a bit ..... but at my age and adding more speed off road is probably not a good recipe. The TW is a perfect bike for me for those occasions.
Attwguy you have a nice selection there. I especially like the Black Widow. I looked up the paint on that. Very cool Tdub! 👍

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well,
At present (doubt my status of stable collection will change anytime soon) we've got the '07 T-dub and, it's biiiiiiiiiiiiiggggg uncle, the '08 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing. Talk about a ride/handling/power set of differences, WOW! Jump on the T-dub for a jaunt around the city then, jump on the Wing for the same. Man, it's like I'm riding the Queen Mary, only on the street!
Scott lift three.jpg IMG_1005.JPG

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still looking/waiting for that TW 450.
Oh man Chip THAT would friggin' rock!! Keep everything the same with a few exceptions like; beefier front springs with no spacer, and beefier rear springs and shock. That would be the bomb snizzle right there. I would have to have one. I would absolutely keep the Tdub200 as well. That baby sips the gas, is nice and quiet, is dependable, and just plain gets her done.
Cheers - Maury 👍

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
While technically not mine (I do ride it from time to time-got to exercise it don't-cha-know) there is a Kawasaki 250F way back in the shadows of the shop. You can barely make it out but hard to see past the sea of Yamaha's.
IMG_1887.jpg

1 - 20 of 119 Posts