TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles on your TW? Curious on how many miles you can get from these engines. I called on a few that have 10k to 15k on them.

Mike

·
Registered
392 Posts
2008 -- 5300 miles, totally stock. Still have same tires, chaings, & sprockets.

Average 83 mpg since I bought it. I got it used, and have put 2300 miles on it.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

You make me sick!
No, actually that is encouraging, I just bought my first TW (2007) this past Summer and love it, but just when it turned over 4,000 miles it started to show a small leak near the base gasket. so far it looks like just a few drops, and I expect if that's all it is I will just keep an eye on the oil level, but this is a bit discouraging. The local shop said about $300 rough guess to replace it.

I should mention it runs great, have hit 70 with a passenger... all stock.

I can forgive it if it doesn't do much worse or if I do have to get it fixed if I get anywhere near your mileage without major overhaul.

I wonder what your "final mileage" will be...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought my TW about a week and a half ago. The VIN plate says it's an '89 but the DMV thinks it's a '90 so I guess I'll go with that. The PO switched out the tank, seat and plastic for a more recent vintage so it looks like this:

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=662&pictureid=19753

Can we tell by the color scheme which year the new body work is from?

Anyway, it had about 2100 miles on it then and I've only put about 40 miles on it since then.

·
Registered
462 Posts
9,9xx ....should hit 10,000 this weekend. Had TW for two years now, bought er' new (left over) with 1/10th of a mile on it. Base gasket leaked, two different times. Other than that...no problems.

·
Registered
522 Posts
We own three 1995/1996 TW200, mileages are approximately 17k, 27k and 18k. They all leak oil and make weird noises now and then but they all run fine!

·
Registered
231 Posts
2001 w/ 10,504 miles and it hasnt skipped a beat.

...........i think i just jinxed myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my '99 "Baby Tenere" in late June with 6 K on it. I and a friend put 400 more on it over the past week and had mucho fun riding dusty dirt roads in Virginia. No, not two up! Now have a hair under 6,700 miles.

What a fun bike.....I can't wait till I have it out in a foot of snow.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rolled over 5k this week. Picked it up with 4464 and have only be actually riding it for a couple weeks. Funny how it's only 22 miles round trip to work each day...wonder where those extra miles went...?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought my '89 about a year ago with 500 miles on it. Just went over 6000 a couple weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts