TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts
Who's got the most miles on a TW here?

I know it's not me lol
My old Rainbow Warrior (shame on me for selling it) had over 15K
And the one I'm gettin from Dad (1998) has 2,600 :)

Go!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I have over 32,000 miles on mine.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Not me, I only have 50000 km.
It is now mostly used as a trail bike so it is not getting many miles on it each year, but they are hard miles. I have been averaging between 5 - 10 km per hour. I know I am exhausted by the end of a ride, but the poor TW still keeps purring.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
When this thread has run its course, how about the most miles per day?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Give the Trips another year or 2.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
At what point on the high mileage ones.... ie 32,000 miles was the engine rebuilt?
Mine is a 2007. The base gasket was replaced. It has not been rebuilt.

I wish I could say that we have had as good luck with Mrs Trip's bikes.... but she keeps blowing the damn things up!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
When this thread has run its course, how about the most miles per day?
That's easy. Lzrdbreath and Ronnydog did a verified iron butt (1000 miles!). I think it took them a little over 20 hours.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
On mine, over 42000 miles, end of 2016 was the first major work done on it. Base gasket leaked for years, just got to pouring rather than dripping. I was planning on a piston and rering job but the cylinder was in spec with no scoring or scratches. So, base gasket, valve job, exhaust valve was leaking carb overhaul, main circuit was dirty causing poor throttle response. Fork seals were leaking, New AGM battery, oil change. Over the years, tires, chains, front sprockets. I have an inline gas filter and used Kreem coat in the tank years ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On mine, over 42000 miles, end of 2016 was the first major work done on it. Base gasket leaked for years, just got to pouring rather than dripping. I was planning on a piston and rering job but the cylinder was in spec with no scoring or scratches. So, base gasket, valve job, exhaust valve was leaking carb overhaul, main circuit was dirty causing poor throttle response. Fork seals were leaking, New AGM battery, oil change. Over the years, tires, chains, front sprockets. I have an inline gas filter and used Kreem coat in the tank years ago.
Pretty darn good for a tiny single pounding for all it's worth. :cool: Even for a big single like a KLR 650. Back when I had mine, seem to remember folks were happy to get 42K without anything major, regardless of whether they'd replaced the infamous doohickey.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I also replaced brakes, only front or back but I can't remember which. I actually think it was the rear brakes only. With the low gearing of the Tdub I can nearly come to a stop without brakes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
13975 this morning. The one in Illinois I think is in the 12000 mile area. Don't see any in my neck of woods with over 5000 miles

seems many people get and loose interest quickly, or get a highway bike. I ride my two more than the highway cruiser.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts