TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm debating selling my 1989 tw200 to fund some renos... I recent got a 2014 crf250l and don't really "need" two bikes. I'm located in BC canada

Bike 89 tw200 - 12,120 km
Added zeta bush bars, oversized Clarke gas tank for the xt (also have stock tank), folding shifter. and handle bar risers , last year I replaced the battery, brake shoes, sprockets and chain, carb needle, float Ect. Bike runs awesome.

What so you think she is worth?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Without an up close inspection and not knowing the Canada prices I would guess between $1,000-$1500.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I have a 2014. .. how much can I get for it?
Depending on condition and miles, $2800-$3800 would be my best guess. I have seen adds for brand new ones at $3800 plus the taxes and other fees.

GaryL

·
Registered
114 Posts
Depending on condition and miles, $2800-$3800 would be my best guess. I have seen adds for brand new ones at $3800 plus the taxes and other fees.

GaryL
4,500$ plus taxes is the price for the 2014 and 3,900$ish for 2013's. I would subtract 500$ for every 1000 miles for a 2014.

Shiftline- The only problem on it being that old is that unless someone actually cares that you added all the extras i would imagine its only worth between 800-1000$. I got mine for 800$ (same year) in 2003.
I would say 1500$ if its someone that enjoys t-dubs and the fact you already put a Clark tank on (the horror stories I have heard about getting those to fit......errr) would increase the value. I would shoot for 1500$ overall and negotiate around that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd say double what you'd get for it 'Stateside.
After waiting almost a year for a reasonably priced one to come up for Diane, I paid $1300 for a purple 1994 that wouldn't start. It was missing bodywork, needed a seat re-covering, and a LOT of TLC.
Sure, spending more for a nicer one might have been a better idea, but not before she decided she liked it. It was a gamble on my part.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I paid $600 for an 88 that was beat pretty hard but only has 1900 miles on the odometer. Between all the parts I have bought plus new tires, tubes, carburetor and plastics and the X ring chain and sprockets with all the seals and cover gaskets I will have $1500 in it by the time it is done and mechanically ready to ride hard for a good long while.

If yours can be bought and can be jumped right on ready to go with no big issues then it is certainly a smarter way to go. I posted a link from a dealer out near Bradford PA who advertised an out the door price of $3990 for 2014 TWs. Can't honestly say it was real or that he actually sold any at that exact price but I saw it at Bike Finder and passed it on here in another thread a while back.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,083 Posts
1500 bucks for basically a new bike, that's the only way to go as far as I can see.

I paid $600 for an 88 that was beat pretty hard but only has 1900 miles on the odometer. Between all the parts I have bought plus new tires, tubes, carburetor and plastics and the X ring chain and sprockets with all the seals and cover gaskets I will have $1500 in it by the time it is done and mechanically ready to ride hard for a good long while.

If yours can be bought and can be jumped right on ready to go with no big issues then it is certainly a smarter way to go. I posted a link from a dealer out near Bradford PA who advertised an out the door price of $3990 for 2014 TWs. Can't honestly say it was real or that he actually sold any at that exact price but I saw it at Bike Finder and passed it on here in another thread a while back.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm debating selling my 1989 tw200 to fund some renos... I recent got a 2014 crf250l and don't really "need" two bikes. I'm located in BC Canada.
I don't have a good answer since I don't know the typical pricing in BC.

I do have 2 questions:

• 1. What is a "renos" - I Googled it and came up empty.

• 2. Could you give us a mini review of your CRF250L compared to the TW? - please.

B.C. is a beautiful place.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,083 Posts
Could he have meant renew's? registration time?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reno as in renovations Thinking of putting in kitchen in the main level.

Will do mini Review and I get more time for dirt riding hopefully this weekend

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my 92 for 1000 needing a few little things...and better price because it was my uncles. In Wisconsin a 92 is listed on craigslist for 1700 and that had some horrid colors in that year. Yours looks pretty good ad if it looks clean in person I my may get 1300-1500 I'd say. Just don't sell it then regret it in 3 months!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Kitchen...main level....Your spending too much time in the house. Go ride.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm debating selling my 1989 tw200 to fund some renos... I recent got a 2014 crf250l and don't really "need" two bikes. I'm located in BC canada

Bike 89 tw200 - 12,120 km
Added zeta bush bars, oversized Clarke gas tank for the xt (also have stock tank), folding shifter. and handle bar risers , last year I replaced the battery, brake shoes, sprockets and chain, carb needle, float Ect. Bike runs awesome.

shiftline -

You have to know your local market, I got a steal of a deal on 3 TW's last summer and right after I bought them the market here in Idaho became flooded with used TW's. I still made some money but the local market is the key. I sold my son's 1988 that ran well and was very clean with about 4600 miles on it for $1650 USD. Your's has about 7135 miles and appears to be in good shape, try to gauge the local market, one of the other posters summed it up, "Whatever you can get a buyer to pay"!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There no TWs for sales Locally so it's hard to compare. I might just jeep it as a for friends bike unless someone wants it on a trade for Reno work :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts