TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
I was just wondering, I have a TW 200 2013 and do quite a lot of millage, mostly dirt roads and paved and cruze at an average of about 70 KMh. How much millage do some of you TW owners have without touching the motor. I heard about some TW's having 30K km and more with original motor and tranny!! Also thinking of swapping my rear sprocket (50 teeth) for a 37 or maybe a 35. Would need people's feed back on those whom have done this change.
Welcome Tw200quebed, enjoy your TW.

You may want to read this thread regarding which sprockets to use or not. http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/15205-road-gearing-13.html

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Not enough HPs for that small of a sprocket. Smallest I have heard of is 42. That's what came on mine and I changed it pretty fast. I now run a 52. Oh and I have 12,350 approx. on my TW now.

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Someone here has put over 80,000 kilometers on their TW without need for engine nor transmission repair. Of course owner would never have achieved that with a 35 tooth rear sprocket, the “lugging” would be murder on the lower end and the clutch would not last long with all the slipping required to get the TW moving.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
52,500 kilometers and going strong. Different piston and cylinder but everything else original. I changed the piston and cylinder for larger ones with higher compression in search of more power, speed, and economy.

i vote for 45 teeth.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Illinois TW 12,030 carb needs work, float leaks if gas is not shut off, jugs leaks
Arizona TW16,013 head gasket leaks,

might add add I have Suzuki gz250 I ride also that has over 10,000 miles.

all three bought used with 250 to 2500 miles on them. So between the three I have put on about 33,000 miles

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
2104-purchased new on 03/20/14....6513 miles and nary a touching of engine or anything, except new front tire, new chain, oil changes, and swapping out rear rack a couple of times...well and twice clutch levers changed {Hoot with cases of "Dropitis"

Still original spark plug, oil filter{the medal stock one is great and cleaning is EZ}....

tw200 006.JPG

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
11,550 miles on my '13. Just the normal maintenance stuff and new o-rings on the valve and timing chain covers. Tried a 47 and 48 tooth rear sprocket but went back to the 50. If I'm going to do a lot of pavement at 60 mph, I'll take the KLR or the 1600.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have over 43000 miles on mine and the only thing changed was the leaking base gasket, valve job, carb overhaul, rear sprocket and normal maintenance items such as oil, chains, front sprockets, air filter, tires. I had totally pulled the piston out expecting to change it but it Mic'd out within specs along with the cylinder totally in s spec so I put the same piston and rings back in. Additional items changed were mirrors since they vibrated at high speeds, wider foot pegs, cam shaft just for kicks, shifter after hitting a dog.

·
Registered
678 Posts
15-50 which I use is almost same as 14-47. I also have 14-42 which is to high. On long hills it will slow down and you might need to down shift. It might also depend on how much you weigh.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My TW is a 2015, this September it will turn 2 years old!! Today it has 12,800 miles and is running really strong. I haven't done anything major, just oil change every 1,000 miles, clean air filter, I've checked the valve twice and only the second time were a tiny bit off. I replaced the front tire, rear one is still stock, I do put studs in the winter so the rubber last longer, two chain and.......... nothing else that I can think of.
I started running the bike with the stock 14-50 for a few month but I needed a little more top speed or lower rpm at the top end so I changed to a 47 and that did the trick. The problem is that on my every day 's cummute, 15 miles each way, specially on the way back home I have a long steep hill and the 47 was ok but not great so I decided to go for a 15-52 and I love it!!!!! I still can maintain 60/almost 65 mph mostly all the time and when the up hill comes I downshift to 4th and I can make it at 45mph with no problem, I have to say I'm light weight, 140lb so that helps too.
Bottom line this little machine is like a tank! A little more power wouldn't hurt but I'm more tha happy with it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just ordered a new set sprockets 15 front and 50 rear with a X ring chain. Should be OK with the stock 122 length chain???? Also there's a bearing and seal on the left side cover. You have to remove this cover to gain access to the front sprocket. A new gasket is needed, will order from the dealer. My bike is a 2013 with it's first sprockets and chain replacement, Should I change the side cover bearing with seal or should it be good till the next (2nd) sprocket and chain replacement.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Just ordered a new set sprockets 15 front and 50 rear with a X ring chain. Should be OK with the stock 122 length chain???? Also there's a bearing and seal on the left side cover. You have to remove this cover to gain access to the front sprocket. A new gasket is needed, will order from the dealer. My bike is a 2013 with it's first sprockets and chain replacement, Should I change the side cover bearing with seal or should it be good till the next (2nd) sprocket and chain replacement.
My bike is also a 2013 and I did NOT change the bearing or seal. Just no need with less than 7000 miles and only a few years of age. I really don't mind taking the cover off again when/if the need arises. Follow your heart on this one.

Tom

Tom

1 - 20 of 54 Posts