TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Mississippi woods - and I think it's gorgeous around here. Here's a pic of my buddy riding his 4x4 on the back of my property:

I've lived all over the country and traveled all over too. There are beautiful places in practically every state. Some are prettier than others of course, but you can find post card pictures in every state.

So, how's it look around you?

Reactions: B-dub

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Living in the NW except for the winter rains it has it all. Islands, mountains, beaches, a temperate climate. The summers can't be beat, not too hot, winters wet, but temps do not get below freezing very often. Might get a snow in the lowlands once or twice a year but it doesn't stay for more than a day or two, week at the most. In two hours from where I live you can be in just about any climate that exists from the ocean to the desert in eastern Wa. Lots of riding country on both sides of the mountains. Lots of animals to check out. For me that is the best part. Spotting a herd of elk a bear or cougar is a treat. Once saw a black cougar up near Mt. Baker while working. Still gives me goose bumps thinking about that sighting.

I have a place just north of Anchorage Ak. It is beautiful up there as there are mountains and gravelbars to ride on. There again you never know when you might run onto a grizz or a moose along the trail. Grizzlys have been known to take a man right off his quad. We always carry up there as when you go into the bush you are on the menu. Been in several other states. Mostly too flat for me. Like the mountains.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of beautiful land around this great country - thanks for the great pics guys!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This is where I live in the spring summer and fall in northern Michigan.....the brown one on the hill. It's still a work in progress. The other shack is a guest/storage building. I think it's pretty here.

Two pics of the driveway through the woods

View from one of the porches in early winter.

And here's a picture of the road I live on in southwest Michigan. It can get purty there too. This was taken a little after sunrise from in front of the house.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
The views from my back door here in the NY Catskills.

Regular visitors!

GaryL

·
Registered
78 Posts
My back yard buck2.jpg fawn.jpg

Reactions: OSOK and TwDuke

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since we are sharing pictures of critters, I'll share of few of my favorite trail cam pics from my little piece of earth in southern Michigan.

2 Bucks.jpg 9 point.jpg Coyote.jpg 8 point 2.jpg

Reactions: OSOK

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Love those trail cams! Mine gets filled with all the critters and the only one I have not yet seen is a Mountain Lion. One got killed not far from here this spring. The scenery ones, Reno and Hawaii are gorgeous and I am sure we all have places like that if in the mountains or by water. For us here in the NE the best time of year is right around the corner but I never think to bring my good camera on any of the TW rides.

GaryL

Reactions: Scutler

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow - really nice pics all! We really are blessed to live in the good ol USofA. It really is hard to find any "ugly" areas, though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Here's a pic of the veiw from one of my deer stands - overlooking a food plot last Nov.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts