TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

· Registered
8,406 Posts

No TW with me, took the land cruiser, but I did get 5 Stripers tonight……and my nephew went by on his DRZ. I am trying to convince myself that those 5 fish were worth not riding this evening.
Super photo there! Me and Bucknutz just started striper fishing this past spring in the Hudson River below Newburgh. No luck for us but we came late to the run. I would love to try for them in the surf some time soon so how about some tips?

GaryL

Reactions: admiral

· Registered
115 Posts
Im not too far from great riding, unfortunately I need to get out of this concrete hell first.

@1 hour North of the city gets me into Bear Mountain, light traffic, beautiful views, and some fun roads.
Every Wed during the summer there is a great car show at the base of Bear Mt.

Took the Mean Streak Last time I went, But the TW has seen a few trips.

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
There are lots of impressions in those rocks from thousands of years of water flow. I doubt they are arrowheads or carved by anyone other than mother nature. The ones I find most interesting are the drill holes. Some are large enough to stick your entire foot and leg in and look like a machine drilled them. What really happened is a small rock or a number of small stones got caught in a depression and like a whirlpool they just kept spinning around for years and years drilling right down into the rocks. When I find them there is always a small pile of stones in the bottom and if you see them when the water is high the stones are spinning around and around doing more drilling. Very cool. Lots of Indian history here also and this is close to where George Washington crossed the river in the Civil War.

GaryL
Beautiful pics! NY state and the NE in general - outside of the megloplex areas has some spectacular geography. And not to be picky, but it was the Revolutionary War :)

Reactions: r80rt

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Stunning pictures by all! Is this a great country or what? More the motivation to keep her free and as the Founding Fathers intended. Thanks for the continued postings!!

Reactions: r80rt and Mel

· Registered
8,406 Posts
Beautiful pics! NY state and the NE in general - outside of the megloplex areas has some spectacular geography. And not to be picky, but it was the Revolutionary War :)
LOL, Good call on that! I've had my wars screwed up ever since the one I fought during VN! Fuzzy memories I guess:cool:

· Registered
309 Posts
I live on Long Island and I must say it is a great place but expensive to live. I once rode my old 2008 tdub out to Montauk which is called the end here as it is the furthest part of the island. That was a great trip, all pavement. There is a lot of places to ride off-road at your own risk though. Conservation patrols a lot, not many legal places to ride really. Would like to know if any other members on here live on Long Island?

· Registered
8,406 Posts
I don't live on the Island but just 80 miles north in the Catskills. The Communist State Of NY is absolutely horrible for all recreational riders. A licensed, registered and insured TW is allowed on most highways but the minute you go off road and on any state owned land the Gistoppo will be on your case. This is our outrageously high tax dollars at work where we both pay to buy the land and then pay again to keep us off of it. I have to keep my ATV licensed, registered and insured just to ride it on my own land and it is not allowed on any state land at all.

Great pictures E. So tell us the reason for the Owl being there? Are they big fish eaters or after field mice at the dunes?

GaryL

Reactions: fandango

· Registered
8,406 Posts
This was Monday on the pond right down from my house.

GaryL

· Registered
3,744 Posts
This was Monday on the pond right down from my house.

GaryL
did that bobcat take down the deer?

back when was a park ranger, i had a carcass with a momma cat sitting on it like that. beautiful.

· Registered
3,744 Posts

Sorry, Just one more, this one today was great. I took my time and and she let me come up and take dozens of pictures. She flew off then came back and landed near me for another round of pics. I probably have 40 pics of this bird and each one is better than the next.
beautiful! i wish we'd get a few hanging out on our beaches... but then again i guess i don't want it to be that cold here.

· Registered
8,406 Posts
did that bobcat take down the deer?

back when was a park ranger, i had a carcass with a momma cat sitting on it like that. beautiful.
Very unlikely the bob cat took the deer down. Our deer hunting season ended on Sunday and I suspect this deer was probably shot by a hunter but ran out on to the thin ice where a man could not safely retrieve it. Animals have to eat too and the Eagles and a pair of cats got a free lunch.

GaryL

81 - 100 of 134 Posts