TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

· Registered
1,420 Posts
Awesome Gary! When I was running tugs I used to push barges up to Newburg. I would see Bald Eagles on the river up near the Tappan Zee, I wish they would make there way down to us. We do have plenty of Osprey's so I can't complain.

· Registered
8,406 Posts
Right now in Central NY it's pretty.....COLD!!! :D
Where abouts are you Scotti? Here in the lower Catskills by Monticello it is bitter cold and mighty white with snow piling up and the winds a howling. We never got above 16 degrees today and getting much colder tonight.

GaryL

· Registered
8,406 Posts
I will think about you tonight GaryL. I am going to an outside Christmas party. I won't upset you by telling you the temperature.
Mel
Thanks Mel! 8 degrees right now and with 25 MPH winds it is more like -15. I just came in from plowing 10 inches of snow with my RZR and that is all the outside partying I plan on doing today.

· Registered
8,406 Posts
I try not to complain Mel. I love the change of seasons and although the TW fits most of them it does get garaged from November through March.
I start hunting season in Nov. and go right in to ice fishing season by Christmas. In April we start trout season and go right in to boat season and the TW comes to life as I fire up the lawn and garden equipment.

I don't have a clue how I was able to get all this stuff done before I retired but I can tell you for sure I have precious little time with all these seasons I have here in NY. I think I would be bored in just about any other region. Time for breakfast of Venison sausage and eggs and the wife will work on a fresh trout dinner while I am out plowing the snow on my RZR and getting all my ice gear ready. Tough life here in the Catskills.

GaryL

· Registered
1,145 Posts
GaryL, it really proves the theory, that it is how you live it, not where you live. I will admit, it took me about 5 years to begin to recognize the seasons in California, and the Midwest childhood memories are probably much more enhanced than the actual experiences.
Mel

· Super Moderator
1,493 Posts
From the Pacific ocean

to the Puget Sound

Up to the Cascade Mountains

To the Sage Brush of Eastern Washington

Washington State bout has it all. Great place to ride and live. :) Come on up:D

· Super Moderator
21,844 Posts
It's ok...
I do live here now, but...
I have to say, I like California better.
Better on your side of the state than mine I think.

· Registered
8,406 Posts
Wow, 12 pages of some great pics from coast to coast and some mighty pretty places for a TW to travel.

I sure hope this summer some of us can get together in our areas with other T Dubbers. We have lots of nice places around here but mostly secondary rural roads with an occasional trail we could sneak through. Gregor has a nice camp with a bunk house and we will try to get a group together this summer for a weekend Dub party. I hope some of you other guys can do the same in your areas and post up some nice pics.

GaryL

Reactions: Mel and joeband

· Super Moderator
1,493 Posts
It's ok...
I do live here now, but...
I have to say, I like California better.
Better on your side of the state than mine I think.

Don't worry you'll get over that.:)

Reactions: littletommy

· Registered
2,664 Posts
Where abouts are you Scotti? Here in the lower Catskills by Monticello it is bitter cold and mighty white with snow piling up and the winds a howling. We never got above 16 degrees today and getting much colder tonight.

GaryL
I live in Groton, NY. It's about 15 miles north of Cornell Univ. (Ithaca, NY)

· Premium Member
2004 TW200, 3000 miles
101 Posts
Mountain Shorts Plant Tree Natural landscape

I've lived in uglier places than middle Tennessee.

· Registered
505 Posts
I live in the forest on the Eastern Slopes of the Cascade Mountains in Washington State at about 4000' in a ski in cabin about 2 miles from Mission Ridge Ski Area.....kind of like the Unabomber without the attitude....

We have 4 distinct seasons here.....right now there are 5' of snow on the ground.....in the Spring it will be covered with Wildflowers.....in the Summer it will be about 80 - 100 with for plenty of opportunities for boating......in the Fall it will be cool in the mornings and comfortable in the afternoons and the colors will be spectacular....this is the place for me...

Washington State is almost always named as one of the best States to live in...

101 - 120 of 134 Posts