TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

· Registered
5,369 Posts
So many posts, on this thread, from so many folks that are no longer with us, or just don't come by any longer....:confused: Wish they would return....more from the Land of Hoot...

Sky Cloud Wood Branch Tree
Sky Plant Cloud Road surface Tree

· Registered
23,854 Posts
Nicely resurected thread. Hoot is correct that too many old members and photos have dissapeared.

Me? I'm a mile high on end of a dirt road in bouldery granitic terrain that pleases me.
Plant Plant community Tree Bedrock Biome

Pleases my critters too.
Sky Bedrock Formation Landscape Terrestrial animal

We're all big on the outdoor life here, with healthy group hikes. Cats are slow though, the white one heading for the dog is on what becomes one of my subtle "leave no trace" TW trails that wander around through the rocks.
Plant Tree Bedrock Dog Biome

Not all the cats here get to come indoors though.
Plant Vertebrate Dog breed Tree Carnivore

Originally referred to place as Big Sky Ranch for some reason.
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Natural landscape Tree

But since there is extensive riding out my back door it has sort of evolved into El Rancho TW these days.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

I think it is pretty. I have nice views, dark sky nights, no pollution sources upstream and enjoy a tranquil end of the road experience.
Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle Snow

· Registered
2,008 Posts
An excellent view of the Continental Divide from atop Glacier Mountain in Park County, CO.

"Right Click" and select "Open image in new tab"

Cloud Sky Plant community Mountain Highland

· Registered
5,369 Posts
Born and living in Western Ohio these days, however I spent my youth, 4 years old until High School in Southwest Florida on the Gulf Coast...that area, Venice, and others, is way to crowded for me full time in this century, but I still get down to the old home town and other place in South and even Northeast Florida on the Atlantic, at least a couple of times every 2 or 3 years and I can always find places I enjoy, away from the crowds...like these...

A Marsh Hawk along Loop Road {great ride for the TW in the North Everglades just off US 41, The Tamiami Trail}, a Gulf of Mexico Sunset at Venice Beach where I spent many hours in my youth in the 1950s and early 60s, My Sister and Brother in Law's Dock at Naples, before Hurricane Ian took it out last year, they are still rebuilding...Sunrise on the Atlantic and Flagler Beach, and finally the dock at my Ohio buddy's place near Astor, along the St. Johns River in Northern Florida,,,

The Gu
Cloud Sky Bird Plant Beak

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere

Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water resources

Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Afterglow

Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources

121 - 134 of 134 Posts