TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
it looks good!
F800Gs weight, but 1000ccs.
and it will be reliable.
i ran a fleet of R1200GS in a rental company, and they were significantly less reliable than the japanese bikes we had.
and parts prices in NZ are INSANE for BMW.
i loved my RD07!

ken

Registered
Hi littletommy: I was most intrigued by the Yamaha xt660z tenere after looking through all the offerings. it was in a response to the last of the articles.

Registered
Seems like the new AT will be the practical alternative to the Tiger 800 and the BMW F800GS (bikes with more "character"), but not the class-bending world-beater that it was hyped up to be. Not even the reincarnation of the KTM 990 that it's displacement (if not cylinder configuration) and wheel set hinted that it could be.

So in true Honda fashion, the Africa Twin promises to be reliable, a little porky for its segment, a respectable option, but ultimately nothing to get too excited about.

Registered
The AT will be close in price to the monster super Tenere.....I bet. Way to rich for my blood. I do not need a 1000cc bike anyway. Just my opinion.

Registered
Honda's concept bike they also unveiled, called the Bulldog , will have my attention if it goes to production and comes to the USA. Virtually a 400 cc TW.

Registered
I've seen this before, but I didn't read any of those "Wes says" bits. I like the way that guy thinks. I pretty much agreed with everything he wrote, especially about the weight of the new Africa Twin (I had really hoped for under 450 pounds!), and the appraisal of those KTM's as mega-adventurers. Then again, I guess there are lots of bikes that weigh less than that and are great off road, so one wouldn't really buy a big adventure bike at all if one were overly concerned about weight... I actually learned that the Tiger 800XC apparently has an easily-destroyed rear sub-frame...yikes. Now I wonder if it is a steel sub-frame? He claims that the sub-frame welds breaking will total the bike. If it's steel then it could just be re-welded? I'd definitely look into that before buying a Tiger though. If that piece is easily broken, then I WOULD break it, lol. Only thing I really don't think I agreed with was his Tiger Explorer-bashing...

Registered

Registered
LT, they are starting to take orders for them at Holeshot in Langley, BC.
So why are they not be sold in the USA?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #18
LT, they are starting to take orders for them at Holeshot in Langley, BC.
So why are they not be sold in the USA?
Apparently, when I posted that, I must have read it in one of the few articles that I had been reading on them...

Ahhh Borneo has the answer...They are!! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts