TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2010 TW200 yesterday with 984 miles. I live in central Pa. I am going thru what I think I should do --- like change the oil ( still need to get a oil filter). I put Shell Rotella 5W40 synthetic ( non energy conserving oil so should be good for clutch) since I use in my Virago 1100 and it works great. What is the best place on line to get supplies?
Also the chain is very loose when the bike is not running-how do I adjust to spec?
The battery in the bike is a Bike Master- is this OEM?? If I need a new one please give suggestion.
How do I do a search on the forum? I did find the "Search" but when I put in "How to adjust chain?" I got nothing.. What is a good maintenance manual to get and what is best place to purchase?- I like to do my own work.
Please give any suggestions for my new baby or how to best use this forum.
Thank you for your input.
Frank

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum Biker44!

Here are some tips for searching this forum, courtesy of member rm_hm:

HOW TO FIND ANYTHING ON THIS SITE (Click Here)

Have you been To The TW200 Wiki Site? (Click Here)

Don't forget about the backup TW site if this one ever crashes again

And Last But Not Least The ADV TW200 Thread ( Link )
not to hijack, but congrats on 2000+ helpful posts tw-brian!

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
I'll second that. TW Brian always has good info. +1

·
Registered
285 Posts
You can and should download the Service Manual. The instructions there are pretty clear. I'm new at this motorcycle stuff myself and did it the first time the other day and it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Welcome . The oil filter is reusable ( cleanable).....if the current filter is damaged ,of course buy a new one ; make sure it has four holes just like the OEM filter . The above posts will assist you greatly , do not be afraid to ask any questions here....we like to help .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts