TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding in the bush yesterday. I was crossing a half wheel deep creek which was quite wide. The bike suddenly just stopped right in the middle of the crossing and it wouldn't start so I had to push it out. I suspected a kickstand switch so just waited for few minutes once out of the water and moved the kickstand in and out couple of times. After a couple of failed starts the bike eventually started and then didn't give me any problems for the resr of the day even going through that creek on the way back. Now to avoid that happening in the future I want to bypass that switch. I couldn't find our bike on YouTube so thought maybe you guys have specific instructions. Any ideas please? (brand new TW200 with 300 miles on it). Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Like Purple said. Do the carb vent mod. Cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for quick response to all, I will definately do both now. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
The “run” position of the side stand switch is “closed”, so simply by-pass that switch by making a constant connection (being underwater will have the same effect, hence the above suggestion) …..

·
Registered
20,729 Posts
To bypass sidestand switch remove seat and trace wire from sidestand to a connection near left side frame rail. Inserting a jumper wire between the terminals will complete a circuit and permit starter motor operation. I keep a short section of copper wire stored there for just this purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, if nothing else this bike is worth owning just for the support from others in this forum. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Not a good idea to bypass that switch - it is there as a safety device. If you ride off with the kickstand down and make a left turn, you will go down as the stand hits the ground and pivots the rear wheel off the roadway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts