TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey somebody out there. I really need to get out of here. I no longer belong if I ever did. But dang it, I cannot find the yellow brick path on how to do it. I'm sure it's easy, but guess I'm challenged. I know, I could just not come back but I'd rather go ahead and cancel.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Harold

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Trailscout!!!

Stick around Harold!
We need you around here. I for one, have always enjoyed your posts and have been thankful you shared them with us. You do make a positive impact on the forum and I wish you would stick around. If you gotta take a break from us, go ahead. But come back bro!

either way, God bless you friend.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Did you get rid of your bike AZ brother ? don't leave us.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Howard you shall be missed, your experience and insights have been invaluable here. Why not keep membership so you can post in future if whim strikes you?

·
Registered
765 Posts
La la leaving???????

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hey somebody out there. I really need to get out of here. I no longer belong if I ever did. But dang it, I cannot find the yellow brick path on how to do it. I'm sure it's easy, but guess I'm challenged. I know, I could just not come back but I'd rather go ahead and cancel.

Harold
I think up in the very top, right side you can just Log Out. This might not cancel your membership but it should stop all notifications you currently get from subscribed threads and such.

I personally just find it easier to not read or participate in threads that torque me!

GaryL

·
Registered
814 Posts
Bye.

You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

Go to your preferences and unsubscribe from everything. Then log out.

As for me, I'm staying. I did get out of Facebook though. Nasty CIA program.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
13,798 Posts

Harold

:(

trailscout,

You may not see this, but I'm sorry to see you depart. You belonged here as far as I'm concerned, but you must have your reasons.

For my selfish reason's, I'll miss your trail video's.

Take Care Pard,

Kris

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hey somebody out there. I really need to get out of here. I no longer belong if I ever did.

Harold
Anything to do with all the crap being posted in Off Topic?

I know you or I don't have to read it, but it still pops up when you click on Active Topics.

There are plenty of other places people can post their non motorcycle opinions than a motorcycle forum.

jb

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
One of our members gave him a bad time. Perhaps the member could try to fix it before we lose a beloved member, just sayin...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Anything to do with all the crap being posted in Off Topic?

I know you or I don't have to read it, but it still pops up when you click on Active Topics.

There are plenty of other places people can post their non motorcycle opinions than a motorcycle forum.

jb
With all due respect, check out who is doing all the posting and participating.

I don't profess for a minute any knowledge about how forums work or how they pay the bills. I suspect that sponsors and advertisers pay the freight and will bet they use some numbers to decide where to spend their money. Total membership, total posts and daily activity probably play a part. Off Topic is a rather active place as compared to other sections, like it or not!

I enjoy going to Craig's list just about every day. I have a few sections there that I check out. I do not go to Men Seeking Men or any of the personal sections there because they don't interest me in the slightest. I don't bother reading hollow mod post here either for the same reason. There is no need to run or hide when relief is just a click away.

GaryL

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Amazing...this thread probably should be moved to the "Basement"...after all, it's not about TWs, so the basement is the place to be....and we can hash it out there, where the rules frankly are easy to understand....'OFF TOPIC' means just that...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Trailscout: Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

(ie: twist the throttle, hit the obstacles head on, and ride it out!) You'll always belong here.
I'd just like to thank The Admiral, JB, and Little Tommy. You guys have always been some of the real voices of this forum.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I wish I could find the original thread, but this is the best I can do. 6 months or more ago, before some people had even joined this forum, there was a bit of a dispute. A relatively new member had attacked Mr Bracket for some perceived issue. The response was quick, don't call the Bracket out, we all love him. The tide was against the noobie.
LizardBreath, as so often, was the voice of reason:

"I don't think that anyone needs to justify their existence, and Bracketdood, least of all. I've watched him share seemingly minor overlooked details of his own trailers so that others could have more successful results when building their own, knowing full well that he's doing himself out of a few customers. He gets it.

By the same token I don't think it's fair to drive away one of our own just because he didn't yet get that Mike gets it. We've never played that way 'round here and I'm outta here the minute this place even begins to smell like a lot of other places on the 'net.

Just my .02. Now back to stealing Mike's homework. "

I think some folks could work harder to "get it".

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is a shame. Really, just the fact that someone wants to leave from an environment that they believe to have gone sour. I've been a member on this forum for as long as it has existed and was once part of the old forum too.

This was a great group of people AND still IS. Conflict makes us grow closer and disagreements cultivate learning. A person can't learn from surrounding themselves with alike kin, they'll become stagnant in their thoughts. That being said, I'm not trying to persuade involvement, rather just a sense of acceptance.

While the main goal/purpose of this virtual environment is to bring fans of TWs together to share enjoyment and excitement, troubles and fixes and past, present and future experiences, I do firmly believe that off-topics are important too. A lot of us have been on here for some time and even though the most of us have not met, we do get to know one another quite a bit. Once people grow to know one another, it's important to share opinions, seek opinions and just contribute to the cycle of feedback. A give and a take. We're buddies. And buddies like to BS, they like to share stories and they like to show pride in their life and their joys in life.

Let us please continue to execute the sharing of our passion(s) collectively!

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Thanks Rhodetrip!

I'd remembered that quote from Lizrdbrth but could not figure out how to locate it. I see that the moderators have created a "Basement" that a few members have asked for. Lets hope that they will be content and stay there ;)!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Nice compliment Rhodetrip, thank you.

I remember also Lizrdbrths comments. He set an example for us all. He knew more about these bikes than anyone, but never rubbed it in or made you feel like a dumb chump newbie. The forum would be an even better place if we followed his example. He made an impact on me. That's about all I can say.

I do try to be supportive of members and help where I can. I can honestly say, I've tried to make it a better place and an outstanding forum, unlike so many other forums. Again Rhodetrip, thank you for the compliment, it means a lot.

Trailscout: Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

(ie: twist the throttle, hit the obstacles head on, and ride it out!) You'll always belong here.
I'd just like to thank The Admiral, JB, and Little Tommy. You guys have always been some of the real voices of this forum.

Reactions: Dubzha

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Lets get it all out once and for all. First and foremost this entire thread belongs in the Off Topic section and should not be cluttering up the main forum under General.

Just a week ago the Off Topic and Other Bikes section was split so we could really have Off Topic discussions that don't relate to bikes at all. I applaud that move while a few others do not.

This entire thread is nothing more than more trash because someone did not get things their way and instead want to continue a false fight that has no place here in the main forum. Get over yourself!

If you want to leave then just go, you have been informed on how to do it. Drumming up further support for your sorry hurt feelings is a childish attempt at getting the powers to see there is some hurt feelings.

Stay out of threads that you don't like or torque you wrong but when you inject your personal opinions you also open the door for others to inject theirs. If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen and quit your crying.

I have never seen such babyish behavior here and it is all coming from just a few who did not want open discussions ANYWHERE and now have hurt feelings because OFF TOPIC was open to open discussions.

No tears here either way anyone decides to go but quit the bellyaching already!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
A bit harsh don't you think Gary? I remember your words about being polite, civil, respectful, etc. Some comments might be better off unsaid or kept to yourself if you can. If it's for the good of the forum and members... I'd rather lift someone up than tear them down, just sayin...

Reactions: Indiana
1 - 20 of 68 Posts