TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very technical subject, presented for the layman.

This is a very interesting and apparently useful article.
Many of us are switching to Li-Ion batteries, I did about a year or so, and am very impressed!
But I know little about their care & feeding and would like to know more!

Maybe some of our tech-savvy guys could comment?

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
As far as Apple cell phone batteries go the OEM batteries tend to be somewhat inferior to available aftermarket options so replacing the battery yourself is an easy half hour upgrade well worth the effort. For usually 30% less money you can get a battery with a good additional 20% amp-hr rating. Most kits come with the tools required well as links to How-to videos.
Same for replacement touch screens, about a 20 minute job and often under $30 with the necessary tools for your specific iphone. I get my kits from Amazon.
If you can adjust your TW's valves you can often fix your own phone. The $50 or so you save on labor can go towards your next farkle or many a tank of gasoline.

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
As far as Apple cell phone batteries go the OEM batteries tend to be somewhat inferior to available aftermarket options so replacing the battery yourself is an easy half hour upgrade well worth the effort. For usually 30% less money you can get a battery with a good additional 20% amp-hr rating. Most kits come with the tools required well as links to How-to videos.
Same for replacement touch screens, about a 20 minute job and often under $30 with the necessary tools for your specific iphone. I get my kits from Amazon.
If you can adjust your TW's valves you can often fix your own phone. The $50 or so you save on labor can go towards your next farkle or many a tank of gasoline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts