TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so what can I do to get my wife off my back about buying a bike TW200. I have even bought here a trip to Hawaii and yet she complains.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
18,136 Posts
Buy her another ticket to Hawaii, one way.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I told my wife that she should consider those motorcycles that I buy are in the place of girlfriends. Interestingly, I still have the motorcycle but not the wife!!!!
The bike was a 1984 Honda V65 Magna. One kick ass motorcycle. I always said that there were no mountains in California for a V65, just a slight change of tone in the exhaust.
Mel

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
[h=1]Why Motorcycles Are Better Than Women[/h]
  • Motorcycles only need their fluids changed every 2000 miles.
  • Motorcycles' curves never sag.
  • Motorcycles last longer.
  • Motorcycles don't get pregnant.
  • You can ride a Motorcycles any time of the month.
  • Motorcycles don't have parents.
  • Motorcycles don't whine unless something is really wrong.
  • You can kick your Motorcycle to wake it up.
  • You can share your Motorcycle with your friends.
  • If your Motorcycle makes too much noise, you can buy a muffler.
  • You only need to get a new chain or belt for your Motorcycle when the old one is really worn.
  • If your Motorcycle smokes, you can do something about it.
  • Motorcycles don't care about how many other Motorcycles you have ridden.
  • When riding, you and your Motorcycle both arrive at the same time.
  • Motorcycles don't care about how many other Motorcycles you have.
  • Motorcycles don't mind if you look at other Motorcycles, or if you buy Motorcycle magazines.
  • New Motorcycles must be asked for, and if you don't want to pay for them, you don't get them.
  • If your Motorcycle goes flat, you can fix it.
  • If your Motorcycle is too loose, you can tighten it.
  • If your Motorcycle is too soft, you can get different shocks.
  • If your Motorcycle is misaligned, you don't have to discuss politics to correct it.
  • You can have a beer while riding your Motorcycle.
  • You don't have to be jealous of the guy that works on your Motorcycle.
  • You don't have to deal with priests or blood-tests to register your Motorcycle.
  • You don't have to convince your Motorcycle that you're a motorcyclist and that you think that Motorcycles are equals.
  • If you say bad things to your Motorcycles, you don't have to apologize before you can ride it again.
  • You can ride a Motorcycle as long as you want and it won't get sore.
  • Your parents don't remain in touch with your old Motorcycle after you dump it.
  • Motorcycles always feel like going for a ride.
  • Motorcycles don't insult you if you are a bad rider.
  • Your Motorcycle never wants a night out alone with the other Motorcycles.
  • Motorcycles don't care if you are late.
  • You don't have to take a shower before riding your Motorcycle.
  • It's always ok to use tie downs on your Motorcycle.
  • If your Motorcycle doesn't look good, you can paint it or get better parts.
  • You can't get diseases from a Motorcycle you don't know very well.
[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Put your bike up for sale in Craigslist. Tell her you're sorry and you should not have bought it. But don't sell it. Keep reluctantly riding it just to be sure it'll run if someone comes to look at it. Complain frequently how no one seems to come when they say they will and why no one is buying. Complain that it's probably because of the rotten economy.

Then look directly and deeply into her eyes and tell her how much you really love her. Etc, etc...........

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got lucky and got a wife who likes motorcycles and wants to ride with me, she had always wanted to so I just got her one, and now teaching her to ride. I have not got her a tw yet I got her a ke 100 duel sport to learn on first....once she really understands what it means to go for a ride she will get the obsession and you then can get all the motorcycles you can afford with the excuse she can ride them to;)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yeah, teaching my wife to ride was a ton of fun. We did a 800 mile ride a couple of years ago, and it was one of the most fun rides I ever did.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I presume the Hawaii trip did or will make her quite happy,explain that the TW does the same for you!. Now, first question;why is she complaining about the TW200 in the first place?.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Why Motorcycles Are Better Than Women

• Motorcycles only need their fluids changed every 2000 miles.
  • Motorcycles' curves never sag.
  • Motorcycles last longer.
  • Motorcycles don't get pregnant.
  • You can ride a Motorcycles any time of the month.
  • Motorcycles don't have parents.
  • Motorcycles don't whine unless something is really wrong.
  • You can kick your Motorcycle to wake it up.
  • You can share your Motorcycle with your friends.
  • If your Motorcycle makes too much noise, you can buy a muffler.
  • You only need to get a new chain or belt for your Motorcycle when the old one is really worn.
  • If your Motorcycle smokes, you can do something about it.
  • Motorcycles don't care about how many other Motorcycles you have ridden.
  • When riding, you and your Motorcycle both arrive at the same time.
  • Motorcycles don't care about how many other Motorcycles you have.
  • Motorcycles don't mind if you look at other Motorcycles, or if you buy Motorcycle magazines.
  • New Motorcycles must be asked for, and if you don't want to pay for them, you don't get them.
  • If your Motorcycle goes flat, you can fix it.
  • If your Motorcycle is too loose, you can tighten it.
  • If your Motorcycle is too soft, you can get different shocks.
  • If your Motorcycle is misaligned, you don't have to discuss politics to correct it.
  • You can have a beer while riding your Motorcycle.
  • You don't have to be jealous of the guy that works on your Motorcycle.
  • You don't have to deal with priests or blood-tests to register your Motorcycle.
  • You don't have to convince your Motorcycle that you're a motorcyclist and that you think that Motorcycles are equals.
  • If you say bad things to your Motorcycles, you don't have to apologize before you can ride it again.
  • You can ride a Motorcycle as long as you want and it won't get sore.
  • Your parents don't remain in touch with your old Motorcycle after you dump it.
  • Motorcycles always feel like going for a ride.
  • Motorcycles don't insult you if you are a bad rider.
  • Your Motorcycle never wants a night out alone with the other Motorcycles.
  • Motorcycles don't care if you are late.
  • You don't have to take a shower before riding your Motorcycle.
  • It's always ok to use tie downs on your Motorcycle.
  • If your Motorcycle doesn't look good, you can paint it or get better parts.
  • You can't get diseases from a Motorcycle you don't know very well.
[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]
Some of those are great! I think I'll show them to my wife. ( yeah, right )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Remind her that you could have chosen a Porsche in stead of a T-dub, then she would really have competiton for the "fun ticket$", if that is the issue...
Actually, my wife is more miffed about my TW 200 Forum addiction than the bike [;{l)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
So, What is her major complaint about the TW purchase?

My my wife was not overly thrilled that I bought a TW but it has everything to do with worry that I might get hurt. She wants me to have fun and never complained but I guess I can understand her concerns. I don't worry too much about my abilities but I do worry a lot about the other idiots on the roads. Nothing I can do about them but to ride safe and ride like they are out to get me.

If your wife is like mine and just wants you in one piece then prove you are safe and keep the rubber side down!

GaryL

Reactions: fasteer

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK so what can I do to get my wife off my back about buying a bike TW200. I have even bought here a trip to Hawaii and yet she complains.:confused:
So I take it you purchased this bike without discussing it with her and/or getting her approval. How about apologizing - sincerely. If you don't you'll just be another dick husband.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I explained to my fiancee what a TW is, what I intended to use it for, and was really honest about why I would enjoy one. She knows I do a lot of 1/4 mile racing and her rule is nothing faster than a 14 second bike and no 70MPH+ interstates. May seem strict, but it's a small price to pay for a great fiancee and I still got the exact bike I wanted. Honesty and communication. I'm new to this though, so I'm no expert.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts