TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
...says the man with the new Husky TE300;)
You and Ms Griffiths have better equipment but the idea of commitment and method #2 might carry the day on our TWs on not too high suspended logs.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
She's real good.
I could get over that first log with my XR.

Not the TW though... it would be like a turtle on it's back.
TW common-sense is to go around the log, HaHa

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I was on board till half way through...I've used the 2nd method but then shes steps it up a little high for our little bikes. I did use the last method only a week or two into riding with good instruction and I fluked my way through it. Amazing considering she can't be taller then 5'8" and has vidoes doing much more difficult logs. Her seat height is well above her waist!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Some of us at the NE Oregon ride last June ran into a similar "log across trail" situation, but ours was complicated by the trail being only 12 inches wide and on a 45 degree side hill. We did not attempt option 1 or 2. Some went down the hillside to go around the log, resulting in tipped bikes and pushing of bikes back up the steep hill to get back to the trail. A couple of us slowly rolled and pushed our bikes over the log. The log and one tip over can be seen in Larry's video at around 2:15.
https://youtu.be/L9QSNnCoQWQ
I remember the log being bigger and the hill steeper than the video shows.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok here is a dumb newbie question. Does anyone ever carry a chainsaw or the like when riding new trails ? Just in case a trail needs a bit of "improvement" ?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Ok here is a dumb newbie question. Does anyone ever carry a chainsaw or the like when riding new trails ? Just in case a trail needs a bit of "improvement" ?
Not when I am exploring but I will often return with my Ryobi 14" 40v saw to make "improvements".

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get caught with a chain saw on public land here and they take the bike with the saw. Even if it's a dead tree.. it sucks. But you learn better technique, log jumping etc.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have a folding hand saw that fits in my tool tube. Shinobi no chainsaw. lol

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I use to have a folding pruning saw, but now have
CroppedImage350210-Hand-Pruning-Saws.png
attached to my DT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts