TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edit: Joeband filled me in on how to do this the easy way...in the reply box type in the text you want the link to say...highlight the text you just typed...then click the Link button and paste the web address into the box and click ok...you will see an underline under the text you entered which will tell you that it is now a link...then just post it

now that the formatting has changed a bit i couldn't remember the code order to insert a link with different words other than the link address...follow the following format...

[U-RL="http://webaddress"]text you want to see[/URL]

[U-RL="http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/1216-forum-posting-guidelines.html"]Forum Posting Guidelines[/URL]

remove the 1 hyphen from after the 'U' at the beginning and you get...

Forum Posting Guidelines

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
can't you just click on the link button and paste the address in the box?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
can't you just click on the link button and paste the address in the box?

yes you can do that or you can just paste the link address into the reply box and post it...but you can't control what the link says once you post it...this is really only helpful for signatures and links that you want it to say something specific...it doesn't really matter otherwise...i had to figure it out on this new site when i changed my signature...i think it was much easier on the old site

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe i am the one that is missing something...when you hit the link button you paste the web address into the box but where do you highlight something?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
i highlight it with the mouse and then click on the link button.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
glad i finally made sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts