TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try and get a pic of the ingredients tomorrow. I got that can of Goof Off at Home Depot. It also works great on dried latex paint. I had a few blobs on the floor and it wiped right up.

·
Registered
19,194 Posts
Effective yet toxic in long run plus obnoxious residue GoofOff should be used with care.
[h=1]Goof Off Professional Strength Miracle Remover[/h]
See:

Graffiti/Stain Remov...​

Brand: Goof Off​

Company: W.M. Ba...​

Asthma/Respiratory

Moderate Concern

Skin Allergies &
Irritation

Some Concern

Developmental &
Reproductive Toxicity

Some Concern

Cancer

High Concern

Environment

Low Concern

How does it rate: Scores for similar cleaners ranged from F to F. Search for a better Graffiti/Stain Remover

Top Scoring Factors: Poor disclosure; May contain ingredients with potential for damage to DNA; cancer; respiratory effects

Ingredient Disclosure: poor

Green Certified:
NO​

Print

Share on:

[h=1]Product ingredients[/h][h=2]Known Ingredients[/h]Ingredient

Health, Environment,
and Disclosure Concerns

Score

ETHYLBENZENE

Moderate Concern: cancer, damage to hearing, kidney and urinary effects, general systemic/organ effects; Some Concern: damage to DNA, respiratory effects, developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, nervous system effects, acute aquatic toxicity, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision

F

PETROLEUM GASES, LIQUEFIED, SWEETENED

High Concern: damage to DNA, cancer; Some Concern: developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, general systemic/organ effects

F

BUTOXYDIGLYCOL

Moderate Concern: respiratory effects; Some Concern: damage to vision, developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects

Concerns from [ETHYLENE OXIDE]: Some Concern: cancer, developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, damage to DNA, respiratory effects, nervous system effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision, general systemic/organ effects

Concerns from [1,4-DIOXANE]: Some Concern: cancer, digestive system effects, respiratory effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage

D

KEROSENE (PETROLEUM), HYDROTREATED

Moderate Concern: general systemic/organ effects

D

ACETONE

Moderate Concern: nervous system effects, blood-related effects; Some Concern: respiratory effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision

D

XYLENE

Some Concern: general systemic/organ effects, respiratory effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision

C

PROPANE

C

ISOBUTANE

Concerns from [BUTADIENE]: Some Concern: developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, cancer, damage to DNA

C

BUTANE

Concerns from [BUTADIENE]: Some Concern: developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, cancer, damage to DNA

C

However it does remove the label making those $75 dollar guards look just like the $25 Chinese clones.
Personally I prefer Acetone with protective gloves used outdoors for this label removing task.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When any company pays me to advertise, I will.

EDIT - No disrespect to ACERBIS !!!

I would not have bought them if I didn't believe they sell quality products. I also bought one of their fenders. I have no complaints.

Could a moderator please delete this thread.

·
Registered
19,194 Posts
Credit to ACERBIS in that they actually have a molding plant in the United States unlike many American firms that either third world out-source their manufacturing or move entire business and tax liabilities overseas.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess my point was;

1) anyone who had the guards, but the logo was all scratched up and not looking so good, they could do what they saw fit.
2) me personally, I remove all tags and logos from the stuff I buy/wear. Including the TW - no branding, anywhere.
3) i didn't want to have weird conversations about "what kind of bike is a "Ah Sir Biss"
4) i believe in the "less is more" train of thought.
5) I just don't like writing on my bike - I even covered up the "TW 200" on my tank sides - no shame, just ask me what I ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts