TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to go about removing my ignition switch. I lost my only key and I need to remove the switch so I can take it to the local locksmith so they can make a new one. They told me all I need was the switch and the title but im not sure how to go about removing it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Question about that method: do the forks lock without a key? I have a second bike I was going to use as a trail-only bike, and it's be great to not have to drop $100 on an ignition set.

·
Registered
136 Posts
would you post a photo of this bike?

our old fourm replys on wiring like this got removed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are 2 hex bolts that hold the ignition/key module in place. they are accessible from the underside of the module and can be reached by turning the forks all the way left and right.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Some years/markets have switches attached to the triple tree with 2 bolts from the top. Others have 2 bolts from the bottom. Either way, a socket and extension makes short work of removing them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
With all due respect, and without offending anyone, I think this thread would be best answered in a private email, rather than post

how easy it would be to HOT WIRE a TW200. If ya'll remember a while back, we had a rash of stolen bikes. Lets just be carefull what we

post out there....you never know who is on the other keyboard.

Just saying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.