TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to ride in the sand with no see me flag.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is how the Moab trip went we put Hoot out front and if he was alive then I went out .

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
47 Posts
This happened in our Oregon Dunes, and both vehicle HAD the required flags. The problem is there are so many trails like this and the locals know that the rule is you go North up the east side of the dunes and you go south on the west side of the dunes and most go by the rule......and a lot of out of towners either don't know it or don't care. Also note how tall the grass is on each side, this cuts your visibility drastically and at 30-40 mph on these trails you don't have time or the room to react. This is one of the things we are fighting here, the Forest Service wants to close these trails but these were once open dunes and due to mis-management by the Forest Service, they have just let the evasive species take over.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
U
This happened in our Oregon Dunes, and both vehicle HAD the required flags. The problem is there are so many trails like this and the locals know that the rule is you go North up the east side of the dunes and you go south on the west side of the dunes and most go by the rule......and a lot of out of towners either don't know it or don't care. Also note how tall the grass is on each side, this cuts your visibility drastically and at 30-40 mph on these trails you don't have time or the room to react. This is one of the things we are fighting here, the Forest Service wants to close these trails but these were once open dunes and due to mis-management by the Forest Service, they have just let the evasive species take over.
I'm an out of owner and have my OHV card and sticker to ride the dunes and don't recal this info being provided.
Luckily I don't like riding those trails and stick to the open dunes.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
thanks for reminding me........have to mount the new flag bracket on my kayak
BOY, there's a good idea. I have two kayaks and in the past did a lot of long 'lake rows'. When crossing from one side to the other was very concerned about fast boats and water skiers. GREAT idea............... Thanks. Gerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts