TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a "Trending posts from TW200Forum.com!" email yesterday and it reminded me that I subscribed but in the end never got a TW years ago.

I'm trying to unsubscribe so your forum statistic about users can be more accurate and to have one less password to care about, but I cannot for the life of me find how?

Thank you for helping,
Franxou.

P.-S. I have some other forums I need to unsubscribe like that, it's never easy :p

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
The option to unsubscribe should be at the bottom of that email (in small print)

If you have trouble finding it - pm and I'll give you my email addy - send it (forward it) to me, and I'll send a pic back with the unsubscribe link circled in red

You also have the option in your email to designate it as spam ........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! It is done, but I want to unsubscribe from the forum, not just the newsletters. I know the old "change your email and put a weird and un-rememberable password", but if there is a correct way to do it, I'd rather do that.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm unaware of any way of "deleting" your membership

Is this your only name on here ? - a quick IP check shows no other

If so - we could always "ban" you from the site, but I'm not sure that would achieve what you are suggesting (other than ceasing any future contact) .....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a ban, please, just because that feel bad :p

If there were a way to delete the account, it would liberate the username and lighten the database of one more user-password-general infos and everything else.

I'll try the "Contact us" form, if unsuccesful I'll go the weird email and password way.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Many years ago I originally signed on as "SingleTracker" and went through similar forgotten password issues as Phelonius12 and Franxou mention. Frustrated, I gave up then signed on again under the alias of "FRED". Does this mean there is still an active membership for "SingleTracker"?

If so perhaps the name could be freed up for someone else to use.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Any good DB admin can have this solved in no time.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Many years ago I originally signed on as "SingleTracker" and went through similar forgotten password issues as Phelonius12 and Franxou mention. Frustrated, I gave up then signed on again under the alias of "FRED". Does this mean there is still an active membership for "SingleTracker"?

If so perhaps the name could be freed up for someone else to use.
“singletracker” is still a registered nick — last seen 2014 — your IP is showing on both

Not entirely sure you’re allowed two nicks Fred ………. ;)

cat and mouse.JPG

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Maybe I should let the wife use "SingleTracker" so she can track the trouble I get into.

Surprised I am permitted to have two handles with same IP address, could permit some of the unethical behavior we have seen in the past from those who shall remain nameless.

Purple, please feel free to police things up as you deem appropriate before Singletracker gives Fred another 10,000 "Likes".

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
lol - in the case of "trouble makers", we often check IP's for duplicates, but in your case, it wasn't thought necessary

Although - thinking about it .......

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
If it's a concern to you, Fred, I can merge the "SingleTracker" account into the Fred one. This would move all your existing posts under the old nick to your current account, and delete the original account. If nothing else, it would eliminate any discontinuity in your posts between the two accounts.

Neil

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Incontinence? It depends.... depends.jpg

Thanks for the post merging offer but not necessary. My pre-2014 posts are likely embarrassingly ignorant of the subtle points of T-Dubbery as explained by the fine folks here...let them fade quietly away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts