TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How You Will Die | FlowingData :eek:

:(

Click on Flowing Data, click on male/female, race and how old you are. Use "live or pause" to see. You can see your chances of dying earlier in life or later depending where you freeze/pause the chart. For me, there was a 22% chance that I was dead already and a 78% chance that I was still alive.

I think I'm still here, so I must be alive... :confused:

* Don't worry, this isn't one of those freaky charts that will say something like: You have one minute left, you're heart attack will start in 10 seconds...:D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I know is, I know I'm on borrowed time already. I've already fought off the Grim Reaper...a couple times or more. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,406 Posts
All I know is, I know I'm on borrowed time already. I've already fought off the Grim Reaper...a couple times or more. :D
It is not your turn LT. He probably just wanted a selfie with his toughest target. I hear the contest was between you and Keith Richards. Now Keith IS on borrowed time!:D



Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,406 Posts
For some reason I have always pictured Keith Richards with the grim reaper on a choke chain in the heel position. Cracks me up every time I think about it.



Tom
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not your turn LT. He probably just wanted a selfie with his toughest target. I hear the contest was between you and Keith Richards. Now Keith IS on borrowed time!:D



Tom
Such quick wit and always so funny Tom....ha ha

Keith's got nothing over me. I've done and tried all the things he has in my past to extremes too. I don't dabble, there is no middle ground, it's either whole hog or nothing... ha ha, I always give 100% :D

I know why I'm still here. God still finds me useful for His purposes somehow. I am so thankful He touched my life. I will forever plant seeds of His goodness and tell any one who will listen, how wonderful it is to be forgiven. I will point the way and drag as many people to heaven with me as I can!!
I hope my last words will be encouraging someone to believe in the Jesus I believe in.. I will never forget that moment I first believed. I was a brand new person in a fraction of a second because of the blood Jesus shed for me. I only had to believe...and have a little faith. God won't let any one down, He can't lie. As you already know Tom, if you sincerely ask him to forgive you and come into your life and change it, He will. Plain and simple. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Well hang in there, Tommy. This forum would not be the same without you.

One of my goals was not to die young. At 76, I've made it, but I'm still having fun (mostly by busting others balls.....like many on this forum) !

Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Such quick wit and always so funny Tom....ha ha

Keith's got nothing over me. I've done and tried all the things he has in my past to extremes too. I don't dabble, there is no middle ground, it's either whole hog or nothing... ha ha, I always give 100% :D

I know why I'm still here. God still finds me useful for His purposes somehow. I am so thankful He touched my life. I will forever plant seeds of His goodness and tell any one who will listen, how wonderful it is to be forgiven. I will point the way and drag as many people to heaven with me as I can!!
I hope my last words will be encouraging someone to believe in the Jesus I believe in.. I will never forget that moment I first believed. I was a brand new person in a fraction of a second because of the blood Jesus shed for me. I only had to believe...and have a little faith. God won't let any one down, He can't lie. As you already know Tom, if you sincerely ask him to forgive you and come into your life and change it, He will. Plain and simple. :D
The worlds a better place with people like you in it LT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,367 Posts
All I know is, I know I'm on borrowed time already. I've already fought off the Grim Reaper...a couple times or more. :D
Not unless you are over 70 Tommy. The "borrowed time" phrase means borrowed from God. And in the beautiful language of Psalms 90:10:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

So regardless of risks and events, calamities and tribulations, unless you are over 70 you are not living on borrowed time.

At least that's what my Grandfather told me, and he was a very smart man and a top notch Bible scholar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,637 Posts
Not for everyone. :(

Seems my time is coming even sooner than the doctors expected. ;)
...but, no matter what else which may draw your last breath, I have it on good authority you should stay out of the thunderstorms. ...not sure if I should put a smiley emoticon on this comment or not with the whole lightning story!:confused::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
I always said, If i make it to 21 then I will make it to 100. (although reality may be quite different)

The CDC database only provides population estimates for 84 years and younger. For 85-plus, you can only get number of deaths by cause, which means I could not calculate a crude mortality rate for these years. Instead, I used probability of death from the Social Security Administration for the later years. Not ideal, but since we're focused on cause of death rather than timing, it was good enough for me.
Along the same lines, the CDC mortality numbers stop at 100 years old or greater.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well hang in there, Tommy. This forum would not be the same without you.

One of my goals was not to die young. At 76, I've made it, but I'm still having fun (mostly by busting others balls.....like many on this forum) !

Will
Hi Will!! :hello:

(secret joke between us)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not for everyone. :(

Seems my time is coming even sooner than the doctors expected. ;)
Uh Oh... What is the latest news Mike? Still at the hospital? Sorry to hear this. What's going on?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not unless you are over 70 Tommy. The "borrowed time" phrase means borrowed from God. And in the beautiful language of Psalms 90:10:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

So regardless of risks and events, calamities and tribulations, unless you are over 70 you are not living on borrowed time.

At least that's what my Grandfather told me, and he was a very smart man and a top notch Bible scholar.
Can I get a rebate on any un-used years then? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,367 Posts
I always said, If i make it to 21 then I will make it to 100. (although reality may be quite different)

The CDC database only provides population estimates for 84 years and younger. For 85-plus, you can only get number of deaths by cause, which means I could not calculate a crude mortality rate for these years. Instead, I used probability of death from the Social Security Administration for the later years. Not ideal, but since we're focused on cause of death rather than timing, it was good enough for me.
Along the same lines, the CDC mortality numbers stop at 100 years old or greater.
Holy Cow, the Social Security Administration kills people!!??
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top