TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be a rough day today here in Spokane. It's raining now and has most of the night. There is snow falling in some parts of town lightly. Some areas around us to the North and into Idaho have 3 to 10 inches of snow already, the local news says. Winds later on today are supposed to be between 45 and 60 with gusts over 70mph. I better go eat a donut or I might blow away.... :D

How's the weather at your place today?? :)

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The same as your's....only West of you. Hold on to your hats, it is going to be a dangerously windy day. After after all the rain we have had lately, flooding rivers, etc, I expect a lot of big trees to be blown over, due to water saturated roots. :(
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...
I might have to pass on a ride today. I am like a huge sail on the top of my bikes and get blown around pretty good even with 25 mph winds...
Be careful over there today brother Mike...

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Say troll, down south here where things get warmer than -26C (minus 14.8F) rubber actually gets soft and , well rubbery. So those warm 1& 1/8" lugs might get a little squirrelly leaned over on pavement.:p
I am anxious to go ride with TW-Brian if only to see that RipSaw flip pinecones, rocks, branches and small rodents out the back.
Can you tell I'm jealous?
Minus 3 Celsius here now.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
believe me Fred, nobody is riding scooters up here for 6 months... no matter how soft the tire compound or the depth of the lugs. there are a few track and ski kits on YZ450's

·
Super Moderator
5,136 Posts
Quite mild really - around 10c

Bit of a shame about hurricane Barney - still, makes a change from Abigail

What's up with these hurricanes - don't you like them or something ? - they keep coming over here .......

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No complaints here, sunny with a light breeze, will be going to the beach for a
swim later today. Currently 88 degrees
And the nicest weather so far...
Is where Peter lives!!!!
Lucky dawg!! :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Light snow flurries this morning with a high of 4c here today.

littletommy get a fork brace on the V-Strom. It will help the overall handling especially when windy. The Strom likes to dance around in high winds especially when fully loaded.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Pretty nice. A few clouds but its in the 60's at night. I thinking its going to be a bit colder in Tennessee next week. Happy early Thanksgiving!

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Light snow flurries this morning with a high of 4c here today.

littletommy get a fork brace on the V-Strom. It will help the overall handling especially when windy. The Strom likes to dance around in high winds especially when fully loaded.
Good advice Dub, thanks bro. I am a huge target for the wind!! I think if I was fully loaded and traveling on a day like today, I might have to bed down for a while and wait it out. I have to admit though, I have been outside a couple times today and am tempted to go for a ride anyway. It's just starting to get bad here. There have already been gusts up to 74 mph here. Its supposed to last till midnight. There are 6 or 7 areas already out of power with 7 or 8 thousand people affected. I'm tempted to go alley sweeping in the mud on the TW though...:D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
High 60f.....one inch of rain in the last 24 hours. Supposed to be mid thirties tomorrow morning. The kiddies at the bus stop will still probably be in shorts and a tee shirt. Well, the dumb#%ss ones anyway. Not many of those though. Sun came out for about an hour for a tease of vitamin D.lol Got the cheaper exhaust from Randucci in the mail today. Christmas in November.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far today, the wind has blown all the trash cans across the yard, bent in half a outdoor umbrella (which was down and closed) blew over the porch swing and the power has gone out momentarily 4 times. Its probably good that there is a leash on little Ginger when I let her out or she might blow away too!!

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The electrical power is down in our area, and a lot of places in Western Washington.

Went out at 3:05 pm here.......and came back on in MY house...at 3:05:10. The rest of my neighbors are all in the dark (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) :biggrin-new:

Having a whole house generator is well worth the money. :D
Maybe I am missing something, but I fail to see the humor in others misfortune, but glad you are ok nevertheless.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts