TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Weathermen predict the rain should stop someday Lomax. Imagine the sky will look much better then.
After a recent storm here...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_850.jpg

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
My cell phone often takes a fairly decent photo despite mediocre camera reviews. None of these images have been processed or photoshopped. Nature just seems to cooperate. sunset. #2.jpg

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Fred, that pic could have been taken from my back deck...the ridge line, cedars, spring storm clouds, the sunset, the works! Even from the same direction.
We live in a small village, Timbercreek Canyon, S of Amarillo, TX, part of Palo Duro Canyon, just outside of Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
I love those big old thunder boomer clouds in the spring & summer. There will be an enormous lightning flash in the clouds, followed by big thunder a few seconds later. A few seconds after that, you hear the booms rumbling, reverberating & echoing up & down the canyon, sometimes for 8-10 seconds!

Why - and how - did I ever live in cities...?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Fred, that pic could have been taken from my back deck...the ridge line, cedars, spring storm clouds, the sunset, the works! Even from the same direction.
We live in a small village, Timbercreek Canyon, S of Amarillo, TX, part of Palo Duro Canyon, just outside of Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
I love those big old thunder boomer clouds in the spring & summer. There will be an enormous lightning flash in the clouds, followed by big thunder a few seconds later. A few seconds after that, you hear the booms rumbling, reverberating & echoing up & down the canyon, sometimes for 8-10 seconds!

Why - and how - did I ever live in cities...?
I've heard Palo Duro canyon is a beautiful place, do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Did about 50 miles offroad only yesterday with the kids and wife. Was a bit chilly only in the mid 60s, but the mud is finally drying up a bit. Upon returning we were all greeted with this sunset. We are a bit spoiled however as the sunset from my front porch is pretty amazing on a regular basis, but the best thing is that it is never the same twice, day after day.

IMG_0340.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
One from a few years ago from the yard,

Cabin 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Newport, Rhode Island, Monday night:

IMG_3230.JPG

·
Registered
282 Posts
On the coast of Washington

FA4FB216-4B0F-4932-B81E-5FB235735E05.jpeg

3E7B8F8E-9BFE-46E1-93C2-7D920C454D83.jpeg

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
One More from Grand Lake Ohio....:p Windy Point on the southside of the Lake is about 1 mile from where we lived when I was in High School {back in the mid 60s} and was my favorite "Parking Spot" in those days as I reached driving age and beyond...now, it's just a great place to capture sunset and sunrise photos :grin:

Windy Point Sunset 2018 1.jpg

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
One More from Grand Lake Ohio....:p Windy Point on the southside of the Lake is about 1 mile from where we lived when I was in High School {back in the mid 60s} and was my favorite "Parking Spot" in those days as I reached driving age and beyond...now, it's just a great place to capture sunset and sunrise photos :grin:

View attachment 196784
Nice!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts