·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Love It, Beer, Guns, and Women.....some of my favorites: :icon_cyclops:

Beer and Guns.jpg

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Still Got My Iver Johnson from the long departed Northeast Indiana Outlaw Marvin Kuhns

Iver Johnson 1.jpg iver-johnson-safe-revolver-ad_1.jpg MarvinKuhns.jpg

Ol' Marvin Assumed Room Temperature in 1907 after a gun battle with Sheriff Fred Hott of Van Wert County, Ohio{I have that .38 as well}

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
The Sad Part is....these just show you what a nation of wimps we have become in the past 50 or 60 years.....

Just Saying I'm glad I grew up when I did, rather than the PC and BS my Grandsons will have to face in their lifetimes :(

Say what you want, but the 1950s and 60s were a great time to grow up....especially for us kids who could get the Hell out of the house and Hunt, Fish, and Frog Gig ;)

Frogs.jpg Gunsandgawd#1.jpg gunsandgawd#3.jpg patfish_3.jpg

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hoot, we did grow up in the best of times didn't we!
Without a doubt....but growing up outside the cities was a plus....I was from a lower middle class family but was raised on the traditions of the WWII and Great Depression Generations, and glad I was...;) I may be an A~Hole, but at least I wasn't raised spoiled.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
What makes me wince is the commentators opinions.
BTW Hoot, I never gigged a frog. I was taught to rest my chest on the bow of a canoe while dad poled it. I held a powerful flash light in one hand and would grab the frog with the other.
This meant a live frog not a dead or dying one. The advantage was if it was too small it could be released unharmed. And if not enough were caught, they could be kept alive in a wet gunny sack until the next nights hunt.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Without a doubt....but growing up outside the cities was a plus....I was from a lower middle class family but was raised on the traditions of the WWII and Great Depression Generations, and glad I was...;) I may be an A~Hole, but at least I wasn't raised spoiled.
I imagine I had a similar upbringing, My old man was a WW2 vet and we lived in rural Alaska... didn't know what store bought meat was until I was about 7 or 8. Grew up in the bush, fishing, trapping and hunting. The ads Borneo started this thread with bring back some very fond memories.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
I remember from my child hood, exploring my Grandfathers pantry one day – only to discover a WW1 revolver in there. Needless to say, my mother was less than impressed.

If you look at the stats for “grown-ups” out hunting – shot by their own dogs – it puts it into perspective. I think as adults, we are more “complacent” about firearms – whereas kids are perhaps more aware of the issues.

The number of kids (myself included) who manage to shoot themselves up the nose with an air gun is still “rife” – but then, no adult ever taught me (or anyone) about air guns.

But “real” guns – the kids are probably safer than the adults ……

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Love It, Beer, Guns, and Women.....some of my favorites: :icon_cyclops:

View attachment 25284
One great thing about the internet is the "Google" .... I Googled the chick in the Beer Commercial Margie McNally....she passed away a couple of years ago, but ended up with quite the life....

check her out if you have the spare time :icon_cyclops:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Borneo, I think I have 4 or 5 of those advertised pieces in the safes. How many do you have??
Mel
I recon I have that many or so Mel. :D

I also just closed the deal on a minty 1949 Remington 511 Scoremaster. As seen in the many and varied cartoon style ads in Boy's Life during the 40's, 50's and very early 60's.
View attachment 25317

Growing up I had the less expensive Ithaca Model 49.

View attachment 25318

But by golly I got me a Scoremaster now! Just like that Rokon I waited 40 years for. Life is good.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I like the Ithaca. I am a big fan of that company.

I recon I have that many or so Mel. :D

I also just closed the deal on a minty 1949 Remington 511 Scoremaster. As seen in the many and varied cartoon style ads in Boy's Life during the 40's, 50's and very early 60's.
View attachment 25317

Growing up I had the less expensive Ithaca Model 49.

View attachment 25318

But by golly I got me a Scoremaster now! Just like that Rokon I waited 40 years for. Life is good.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The Ithaca Model 37 is a great gun for those of us that shoot shot guns left handed. It ejects out the bottom instead of across your line of sight. And as Zdiver would say... my neighbor has an Ithaca trench gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts