TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little experiment I made of feeding my wife's feathered friends before I can go riding

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cats think they are tasty.;) Actually they love to birdwatch whether it be from a windowsill or hiding behind a pinecone on the drive. They never catch one, but never give up hope. They are better at getting the mice who come for spilled birdseed.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Feeding Hummers can be the creation of little monsters. When the fluid is empty they think nothing of dive bombing you and they even slap at my picture window to inform me I am remiss in my duties. They can also be extremely vocal and think nothing of coming in to my garage while I am working just to bitch me out for not filling the reservoir. By the end of the season I will have gone through 50 pounds of sugar just feeding these tiny tyrants.

I can't be sure but it seems like one nesting pair turns in to 6 birds quick and I think they multiply like rabbits all summer long. My home is Hummer Central and to say I have over a hundred birds by the end of summer is an understatement. You don't want to be out in my front yard between 6 & 9 PM this time of year. The sky is busier than JFK airport.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
black-headed grosbeak (male and female) and california quail (male and female) in the first shot, not sure of the hummers, but they are smaller so maybe black-chinned?
thanks for sharing fred! bummer you couldn't make the russ ride SLO, good times.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I used to do the humming bird feeding thing. When I would refill the feeders I could hold it out and they would come drink as I held it.

crowflys.gif

Anyone hunt crows?

Crowbusters.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts