TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after this BMW R1200GS was photographed of the hunter taking his kill to the butcher, his BMW had mechanical failure. Luckily for him, a Yamaha TW200 was on his way to the butcher with his kill. Being a Good Samaritan, the tDub owner stopped and assessed the BMW owners predictament. Helping out he just strapped the buck to his front luggage rack and took it to the butcher for the depressed BMW owner...
image.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at the butcher shop the other day and happened to be speaking with butcher. The butcher was explaining to me about the 2bucks the TW200 owner had brought in. After carving them both up and wrapping them in butcher paper, he took the small pieces and scraps and made them into sausage. He then hung the sausage in his walk-in smoker. (I was thinking about a smoker like that in the 70's) He used a combination of cherry and apple wood smoking it for 8hrs. After aging for 1 day, he said he sampled both of them. The sausage of the TW owners buck, he said, had a better flavor, smoky smooth and kinda had a sweet taste. He asked me in confusion, why the TW owners was so much better in flavor and sweetness? I pondered the question for a bit, then in an epiphany I told him I was a TW200 owner and I told him the ride was smooth as silk and such a sweet as pie ride you have to experience.

I know all you TW owners can relate to the story! They are sweet as pie and a smoothness that has to be an aquired taste!

Be safe and keep on puttin' along!

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Going by the title I was thinking to myself, "ain't it illegal to kill anything with the TW? Don't people still use guns and slingshots"? Then it dawned on me people just use the TW as transportation to and from a hunting spot or to transport the game. Whew, glad I'm doing it right! :p

Acquired taste indeed!

·
Registered
746 Posts
And, is that Marlin a .30-30 or a .35? I have one in .35.

Reactions: Jon62602

·
Registered
312 Posts
just used a sling, and it is a pre 64 marlin 30-30 from a genuine cowboy who carried it on the ranch he worked on back in the day.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Last year I took my TW to WV on our spring work day. We had teams through out the woods in different locations work on projects. I had been riding around delivering items to the groups. Lunch time when we were all gathered they told me I had deer and bear running all over the place. I believe the sound of the TW scares game.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Last year I took my TW to WV on our spring work day. We had teams through out the woods in different locations work on projects. I had been riding around delivering items to the groups. Lunch time when we were all gathered they told me I had deer and bear running all over the place. I believe the sound of the TW scares game.
No I don't think it does I saw quite a few deer and one little spike just stood about 15 ft from me and just stared but was not to scared, I think during hunting season they learn to run from trucks and 4 wheelers but they are not used to seeing a motorcycles in the area I hunt. So just saying I saw a lot more deer on my bike in one day than the previous 2 in my truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts