TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching Florence and thinking of our TW friends in the Southeast. Having met LuvNot at our last rondevous in Utah, she has been on my mind about her safety. I have two daughters in the Carolinas that I have called and they are inland a bit, but still aside from bad flooding, the wind will do some damage.

Do hope folks are heeding the messages to get out. I pray for them to come out of this ok.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Prayers to all in the eye of this storm. No doubt there will be damage but I think more from flooding than wind. Do Not Trust the weather predictions!

It is becoming more and more apparent that the weather forecasters are as much in the dark as the rest of us and all these fancy instruments and storm track models are in complete conflict with each other. Just 2 days ago they said the storm was a cat 4 and expected it to go to cat 5 as it got closer and over warmer water. With every more recent update the picture gets even foggier, now it's a cat 2 and they really have no idea what it will do. One model says it could stall and just hang off shore while another says it will turn left and head inland toward GA. I won't be too surprised if it turns right and heads up the coast toward Delaware.

I am a bit aggravated with these weather guys and gals and all their fancy computers. We make plans to go on fishing adventures and 2 days out they say sunny or partly cloudy so we go only to have solid rain for three freaking days. Just last week I checked the NOAA report for my area at 7 AM and it said sunny with a high of 80 and while on the computer reading that forecast it is solid rain that lasted most of the entire day. At about 4 PM the sun came out and it finally did get beautiful. We had our annual golf tournament and again the report said partly sunny with light and variable winds and it was the most miserable day of golf I had ever wasted my time on, rain, thunder storms, 30 MPH gusts and the food vendors BBQ cart was blown right over. I honestly believe even with all their fancy gadgets all they are doing is making educated guesses that are all too often dead wrong.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Nice stock price run-up for Home Depot. Good public relations on their part to be giving away free plywood in some locations. Going to be good looting weather too with all the forced evacuations.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Nice stock price run-up for Home Depot. Good public relations on their part to be giving away free plywood in some locations. Going to be good looting weather too with all the forced evacuations.
You nailed it Fred and the looting is the number one reason why so many will risk their lives remaining behind to protect their castles. Looting should be a crime punishable by death and the use of deadly physical force in all disasters.

GaryL

·
Registered
604 Posts
A lot of disaster areas end up with curfews and Martial Law implemented, so punishable by death is a distinct possibility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts