TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
May God look over all of you, your families, friends and neighbors that are facing this incredible storm.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Things are not looking good here in Houston. The water is still rising and rain coming down. So far we are still high and dry. I hope the other Tdub members around the Houston area are ok.
Stay safe Ken, prayers are with you guys...

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Having been in New Orleans to help right after Katrina and the devastation there, I can imagine what's happening in Texas. My thoughts are with y'all.
Looks like New Orleans is getting the rain, and Harvey is stalled... 3+ feet for Houston....as wet as we have had it this summer, that is a Year's Worth normally around here....:(

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We finally didn't get rain for one day now. I went for a ride near Addicks Reservoir and it is such a sad sight. Normally the whole area is dry. There is now about 3 miles of area under water which includes homes, between 3 and 5 neighborhoods. This is a very small part of the flood. Also where I was working, HP, much of it is flooded also. It is good we are drying out but it was horrible to see it moving to Louisiana. The devastation on tv isn't certain areas it is nearly all of Houston and many surrounding counties. Thank God it missed my area. Travel is still limited and taking a chance. Housing and jobs are affected as well as many people's transportation. Please keep everyone in the flood areas up in prayer.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Be very careful if you wade in the flood waters. A simple scratch or fire ant bite can get infected. My wife works for a hospice organization and after Katrina she had three patients that had relocated to Maryland and died from infection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Be very careful waiting in the flood waters. A simple scratch or fire ant bite can get infected. My wife works for a hospice organization and after Katrina she had three patients that had relocated to Maryland and died from infection.
4 days after Katrina we were sifting through the wreckage of my in-laws' house, conveniently located the next street over, when a Red Cross golf cart pulled up and demanded we get tetanus shots on the spot. We had no sooner complied and they drove off when I scraped my leg on a rusty nail. Great advice Rick. P9060009.jpeg

·
Registered
349 Posts
I saw on the internet so it must be true, that the Houston area got more rain than the entire western part of the country received for the past year.
Looking at pictures online, the damage is unbelievable. I'm glad your spared Ken.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts