TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a set I've made showing pictures I've taken from the past several days looking at and absorbing the wrath of Hurricane Sandy. I guess this is an outlet for me to channel some of the horrible things I've seen and witnessed over the past week.

My wife and I live in Point Pleasant NJ, right next to Bay Head NJ, one of the areas that Sandy did the most damage. We are ok, and luckily our home made it thought with no flooding and or severe damage. Still no power, heat, or hot water. Just got a generator up and running so we can plug in a few crucial appliances.....

Take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardtoddgiordanella/sets/72157631934630157/

Anyone else form New Jersey or the surrounding area? They're telling me it's going to be a while until my power is restored, and the gasoline lines have been 1 hour plus just to fill up the can to keep the generator going.....

Stuck at home, trying keeping myself busy and helping out neighbors, cutting trees ( 2 stroke chain saw fun ), cleaning up, etc.... Most of the roads are still blocked by the national guard and it's impossible to move about to go and get food, gas, or anything else for that matter.....

- Todd

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for posting those pix.

It's hard to see all the destruction from just TV footage.

I can't believe they would turn down outside help because volunteers were non-union.

Good luck!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I couldn't believe that myself, and that happend in Seaside, just a few towns south of where I am...... We NEED all the help we can get, union or not! Even just repairing the electricity infrastructure in going to be major, people with out power for weeks.

I just can't or will never understand that.

-Todd

·
Registered
572 Posts
The Mob has never really gone away folks. It's still out there. Only in a different format. It's all lagit now(mostly).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hoping you all are staying warm! Sorry to hear about all your frustration. You sound like one of the few who are self sufficiant! Take a minute and google Parkersburg Iowa tornado. I am a few miles away and spent a entire summer helping those folks clean up and rebuild. Mother nature is a be_____otch! More power to you and yours during this event. Times will get better eventually. The rest of the country is certainly thinking about you guys. To bad we are all so broke and not able to come out and help........ Sad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
please support the red cross brings a tear to my eye when i think of the help they gave me from ireen, don't realize how long a warm meal goes when disaster hits. be carfull and be safe durring the clean up

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Todd... sorry to hear about you and NJ/NY's troubles. I live in Bucks County,PA, not too far from you, and my immediate neighborhood really dodged a bullet damage-wise. Less than two miles away there's tons of property damage and still many without power. I will keep u in my thoughts and try to keep positive.

Andy

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a set I've made showing pictures I've taken from the past several days looking at and absorbing the wrath of Hurricane Sandy.

Todd

WOW! I grew up on Long Island, but the only hurricane damage I've seen to rival yours is Andrew or Katrina! The invasion of the Sand [email protected]%$#^&%$

Man, N.J got NAILED!!! I've heard from some of my childhood friends on the North Shore of L.I., but what they describe doesn't hold a candle to your shots.

You seem to have been rather lucky...love the shot of the dogs and the chainsaws!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Sister in laws new home has lots of water damage and will need new drywall,carpet and baseboards. She was in the house only two days before Sandy smacked her. At least she is ok and still has a job!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts