TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with HWK riding gear? Dual sport jacket sells for $60 or so on amazon. I watched some reviews and for the price they seemed to be ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I realize this post is very old but since HWK is still being sold someone else might be asking the same question today.
You can buy a lot of their gear on Amazon and there are many reviews on each item. Personally I gambled and bought some riding pants and a high visibility riding coat. The pricing was very reasonable, the cost was just under $60.00 and the pants were about the same. Truthfully I expected junk and was all prepared to turn it around and ship it back since it’s free returns. Well that didn’t happen and I can say I was really impressed with both items. I’ve been using them for about 7 months now and I’m very happy. The corduroy material is strong, the zippers are tough and all the stitching is holding up just fine. I believe they have the CE rating but I’m forgetting since tossing all the tags away. They have hard padding built into them where needed and at fist you feel like you’re stealing a book from the library but in minutes you forget they are there.
I feel they are a bargain. They look good, feel good wearing them and give you some protection which we all seem to forget is needed. As I’ve heard said ; You dress for the slide, not the ride!
Let’s be realistic, we are not going to take our TW’s airborne at 15 feet and we are not going to drive at 80 mph on the road either. But don’t get lulled into the false security that putting along at 20 mph can’t cause you some serious damage if something goes wrong. If you don’t believe it just go down the street on your bicycle at 10 mph and dump it. You will be surprised how much misery that little fall can bring to you.
there you have it, the gear is definitely worth looking into and regardless of what brand you get it won’t do you any good if you don’t wear it.
Stay safe and have fun, we all need it.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
453 Posts
I have a pair of their riding pants & I have to agree - the quality for the price was shockingly good. Fit true to size.

As of this Edit, they're priced @ $59.99 minus a 10% coupon off that price. Its a steal.

Reactions: mountain yawp
1 - 4 of 4 Posts