TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But this ain't one of em.

On my way to work the other day, rode past these two cool Harley dudes on the side of road. I wonder how cool they felt...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That's why I like this forum, we get information that changes how we think about different situations. You are however correct about Karma, I grew up with a Father that will never pass ANY vehicle stuck on the side of the road. I recently came across a guy on the side of the highway walking with a gas can. He was obviously in motorcycle gear but looked like a badass gang member. I pulled over and asked him what was up. He said that his bike ran out of gas about 2 miles back. Oddly enough, I was in my pickup truck on my way back from looking at a bike. He got in my truck and we drove back to his bike, a 600 Ninja. When we got to the bike he put the gas in and it would not start, the battery was too weak. we tried to pull start it but it would not go. We pulled out the ramps, put the bike in the back, strapped it down and drove him to where he lived, many miles away. I got home VERY late at night and my Wife asked why I would go through that much trouble and drive to such a bad neighborhood at that time of night. My answer was simple, I truly believe that had I been on my bike and this man been in his truck, he would have stopped and done the same thing for me.

Um, yup, I might be a tool.

Kinda didn't even really think about that till now. Karma, here I am, have at me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are absolutely right. I'll get mine.

And you know I can't remember the last time I didn't stop in my car for someone stuck in some snow come winter time. But for whatever reason that day I thought they were suckers. As I passed I was thinking how easy it would be to loosen up a hose and drain some fuel and was wondering why they didn't do that assuming they had the capabilities. On the flip side, it would have been really easy for me to do that. I could justify it by saying it was a busy road, there's gas stations every ten feet on 104, but I was in the wrong.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
You are absolutely right. I'll get mine.

And you know I can't remember the last time I didn't stop in my car for someone stuck in some snow come winter time. But for whatever reason that day I thought they were suckers. As I passed I was thinking how easy it would be to loosen up a hose and drain some fuel and was wondering why they didn't do that assuming they had the capabilities. On the flip side, it would have been really easy for me to do that. I could justify it by saying it was a busy road, there's gas stations every ten feet on 104, but I was in the wrong.
Don't beat yourself up over it now. You get the point so just learn from your mistake. You took the criticism well though so kudos on that.

Tom

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Remember, Some of us "Harley Guys" have all sorts of other bikes.

Not really fair to judge someone by what they are riding that day.

So, I'm an asshole when I'm on one of my Harleys, and a Douchebag when I'm on one of the Bimmers? What am I when on one of my CT90s? Or my TW?
Having that closed mind will make you miss a lot in life.

Please notice the smileys.. :) :) :)

Me? I stop for Everyone and anyone.
Saturday nights I volunteer with a local towing company to cover I95 in my area. ONE pothole in the middle lane took out eleven tires. Most of them were low profile.... The things you learn...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm not sure what I would have done otherwise, but because of this thread I had a good experience today. I saw a bike stopped on the highway on the opposite side, obviously having some sort of issue. I used OMM's thumbs up/down and got a thumbs down from the passenger, driver was occupied. So I slowed down, wheeled around and pulled up. Driver came over and said he had it under control, but thanks a lot for stopping, then with a big grin he goes '"that's an interesting bike".

Thanks guys.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remember, Some of us "Harley Guys" have all sorts of other bikes.

Not really fair to judge someone by what they are riding that day.

So, I'm an asshole when I'm on one of my Harleys, and a Douchebag when I'm on one of the Bimmers? What am I when on one of my CT90s? Or my TW?
Having that closed mind will make you miss a lot in life.

Please notice the smileys.. :) :) :)

Me? I stop for Everyone and anyone.
Saturday nights I volunteer with a local towing company to cover I95 in my area. ONE pothole in the middle lane took out eleven tires. Most of them were low profile.... The things you learn...
I completely understand. My actions in that instance were not ok. I have received some flack from cruisers in my time but that doesn't justify anything. Not that I want to, but if I do find myself in their shoes and someone rides by and has a giggle at my situation, it is deserved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts