TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have read hanging around here, some of you will too. I feel silly. It's maybe 50 miles from my house. I originally discovered it on another site than the one linked, which you can tell was very picture heavy (good thing) but the pictures are all gone (bad thing). So I looked around a bit and found this link over at ADV. Nice assortment of pictures, gives the general idea. Do the whole first page since there is a gap in the pictures. There, I didn't spoil it for you. You will have to click to see. Loss for Words. Check out this place. - ADVrider

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks like an amazing place!!! Would love to go through there and pick up parts to put a bike together from scratch. Cool post!

·
Registered
240 Posts
That job must suck. I would hate to sit in a shop full of classic motorcycles and motorcycle parts.;) There are junkyards and graveyards but this one falls more toward a time-capsule.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Very cool! Definitely worth a stop when in the neighborhood. I go down I-69 a lot and it looks to be worth a side trip for sure.

It's nice to see a salvage yard with inside storage unlike this yard here in Michigan where most are outdoors in the nasty weather.

There is a guy here in town that had an 'unauthorized' Yamaha dealership in the '60's & '70's. Unauthorized because he actually owned the bikes instead of floor plan financed inventory. He still has a huge inventory of bikes he took in as trade-ins, unsold new bikes, all the flat track bikes his sons raced, plus rooms full of NOS parts. The inside of his shop looks very much like the pics of the shop above. He's in his 80's now but won't sell anything as a lot. He will still sell some odd parts to long time customers but that's about it. Pictures of his stuff aren't allowed but a lot of the stuff is visible through the showroom windows....rows of old bikes. I'll see if I can sneak a picture from the road. I'd like to have pics for memory's sake anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just sold 3 at- 1s and a ct. .all Decent shape too

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Been there on more than one occasion, located between Willshire, Ohio and Decatur, Indiana, on US 33....it has been there for years....interesting place, located about 20 miles from my house.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then you are very western Ohio. I am about 6 miles into Indiana from the Ohio border. (Emergency Sunday beer runs head to Hicksville)

I'm going to get down to that place real soon, maybe this week. I love places like that.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Then you are very western Ohio. I am about 6 miles into Indiana from the Ohio border. (Emergency Sunday beer runs head to Hicksville)

I'm going to get down to that place real soon, maybe this week. I love places like that.
Uncle lives in Antwerp, and work baseball and basketball in Hicksville on occasion....live in Celina a few miles south of you....you probably aren't too far from my best friend's 17 acre Cabin{think 3000 or so square feet} and Estate outside LaOtto...and Auburn.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Rick{we have know each other since High School} and I were Best Man in each others wedding....his wife is from Auburn, their kids all went to Dekalb HS, then after the next emptied, they build their dream place on the 17 acres south of LaOtto....beautiful place....we have our New Year's Day Bowl Party and traditional get together there every year....I'll let you know the days I am working baseball in Hicksville, maybe you can drop on over....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts