TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I am wondering if there are any other Kendon lift owners(past or present) in our group. If so,please share your experiences. The Kendon is the only brand I'm aware of having the fold up/stand up feature;and that's the selling factor for me. The only criticism that I have found about their design(s) is that the front tie down tension loosens as the lift raises(because those points move inward with the scissor action).
I don't see that as a biggie;that may be controllable by simply slightly over- cinching the tie downs a bit to compensate. Regardless,the bike won't fall over....the tie downs will require a second adjustment when the bike is at the desired height. The narrow-ness is a given,but there are add-on work shelves for tools. Overall,I think it's a very clever design with minimal limitations for the huge advantage of out of the way storage....

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Hi Landser,

I am on my second Kendon lift and I think that they are great!

I picked both mine up off craigslist so they were not the newest versions but were much cheaper than new ones. Mine both exhibited the front tie down problem that is not a big deal (the newer ones may have fixed this problem). After I wheel the bike on the lift, I secure the rear of the bike with tie downs and then raise the bike. Then depending on what I am working, I will add straps to the front and remove the rear ones, or vice versa.

The pictures below are of the first one that I owned which had both air actuation and manual operation. I currently just have manual operation on the lift that I now have. These pictures also show the accessories that are available for these lifts - side work surfaces, oil drain pan and motor jack - none of which I found to be particularly useful. Floor space is tight in my garage, so the foldup/standup feature is what sold me over a standard platform type of lift.

They are nice lifts, but overpriced if you are considering a new one. I bought my first one for $650.00 and sold it after I found my current one for $250.00.

Brian

100_2971.JPG

100_2976.JPG

100_2980.JPG

100_2981.JPG

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback,Brian. You've done very well on both. I have found a black 2012 fairly close for $425,and if the Moto-Lift 'shelf' were purchasable at a reasonable price,and if it would work on the sport bike model,I'd save some serious $$$ .The lowest combined cost(unit & shipping) that I've been able to find is $993(and that's definitely a weiner up the..well,you know). But,again,as with your situation,space is a concern and the Kendon is the only 'game in town'....

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
that's a really nice lift with either 600lb or 1000lb capacities Motorcycle Lift and Stands - Kendon Motorbike Lifts for Motorcycles ...i have never heard of these lifts before so thanks

i have one of these for my bonneville...1000 pound capacity and simple screw that should never fail...but it doesn't have the height of a table...
Drag Specialties Center Jack 4110-0048 : Amazon.com : Automotive

i went with one of these for the TW so i can pull wheels off easier while the bike can still be secured to the stand (although sometimes i don't bother cause it's very solid and well balanced)...
Motocross Lift (Black)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes,those are a handy small lift-got one meself. I searched until I found one with locking casters......

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update- It's in the cue,on order,because Kendon has none(of the MotoLift model) and are producing them presently .In speaking with two of their employees,I was told that the lift itself is made in China,while the upper 'lift table' is fabricated for Kendon here in the States. And,for 2014,the blue color is no longer offered. They're simply adding the lift table to the existing black sportbike model(which is what they were doing in 2013 when the blue units were sold out....). So,I have about 30 days to wait for mine to arrive....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts