TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. Admiral and I decided to go out for a day ride. Unfortunately, the electrical issue causing my TW not to start started rearing its ugly head. A couple times I hit a big bump and the engine died. I was able to get it fired up right away but this had me concerned. Here, after fiddling with Mrs. Admiral's helmet for about a 1/2 hours, my TW won't start. Took about 45 seconds of intermittent cranking before it finally fired up.
IMG_4233.jpg
"Should we turn around and go back to the truck?" Mrs. Admiral asked me. "Naw, it will be fine," I said.

So a few miles down the road, the engine died again at a stop sign and I couldn't get it fired back up. Pushed the TW to the nearby farmyard while Mrs. Admiral went back for the truck. Then I found myself being surrounded by this gang of killer chickens.
IMG_0192.jpg

It wasn't long after I survived this vicious and unprovoked attack when Mrs. Admiral arrived with the truck. Of course, the TW started up when Mrs. Admiral was helping me load it. I'll have to find that loose wire this week. Got riding plans don'tcha know.
IMG_0193.jpg

Video evidence of this vicious and unprovoked attack on me by the chickens.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Vultures would gather around most automobiles and motorcycles and their stranded owners.
Chickens for a TW? I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The question is - where they they to protect the TW ?
No, they were there for blood, my blood. They kind of roamed around the area in groups of 1 to 3 kind of scoping out their pray, me! Then when I opened up an oatmeal bar, boy howdy they swooped in for the kill.

Hey wait a minute. You don't think they were after me because of the oatmeal bar do you? Oops, maybe it was the oatmeal bar they smelled and not my blood. Perhaps they had no intentions of eating my face. Only what I was putting in my face.

Dang chickens anyway. Least they could do is ask for the oatmeal bar right? They don't have to crowd in and try and nab it from me. I could see what they were doing. I seen Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" when I was a kid and I was kind scarred to tell you the truth.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You think those are bad...you should see the blood sucking mutant attack chipmunks we got here in Wisconsin. Alfred never even dreamed of that kind of horror..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Oh baby, next time I'll deal with the hungry chickens and you can risk your life on the highway....... I thought I was gonna get eaten by a motorhome! Luckily Wilbur outran him before we became just another bug splatter on a motorhome's window.

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Watching those chickens attack I couldn't help but think Admiral Nelson's other famous relative, that great calvary Major General John Buford, quoted at Gettysburg: "We have the tactical high ground, have a solid footing, and the enemy in sight. All is well." ...yeah, right.
How did that work out anyways?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts