TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to TW ownership, I bought an 86’ in February that turned out to need more work then I wanted to put into it. I’m going to give it to my nephew to get him addicted.
8EF75C2A-5653-47E8-B022-F31925E26227.jpeg

E584DAFA-3EA1-4BED-9CAB-9CFC2D71FC21.jpeg 5834FA00-04F5-42D2-BCDB-C1F91B4F1E4D.jpeg

Last week I picked up this gem a 1994 according to the VIN. The difficult part was getting a ownership for it. In Ontario (Canada) all you need is a vin number and you can find out who is the write full owner. They had no record of this bike, I checked with the provincial police they also have no record of it being registered for the road. I did all this before I gave the old farmer any money for it. The bike has 5600km on it I have a hard time believing it was only used around a farm and was still in good condition.

It took me about an hour to sort out the required paperwork; letter from a Yamaha dealer, bill of sale and notarized affidavit. Paid the sales tax and now it’s legally in my name. I did some work on it and had it certified by a mechanic to get it plated for the road.

Are there many JDM TW200’s in Canada or the States? Is the headlight and plastic colors the only difference.

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
The only differences are cosmetic, except that all years in Japan retain the kick start

Welcome to the mad house ..... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only differences are cosmetic, except that all years in Japan retain the kick start

Welcome to the mad house ..... ;)
Good to hear that, I’m fortunate that mine are both old enough to have the kick start.

Should the electric start work when the bike is in gear with the clutch in? Mine won’t so it’s ether designed like that or the couch switch isn’t working.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I would say the clutch switch or that circuit has a fault in it. The design with the clutch switch is in case you stall going up a hill you can re start with the bike in gear and pushing the button. It deactivates or overrides the neutral switch circuit that would normally not allow the engine to start while in gear.

GaryL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts