TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
If you are going to ride much on streets, there is a book you should get: Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate... book by David L. Hough (thriftbooks.com)

It isn't enough to think that all cars and truck are going to try to kill you.....you need to know what to DO about it! I too had not ridden in 35 years and this book and it's companions became my bible. Best $6 bucks you could ever spend. If you don't ride on streets, there are many other books on dirt riding.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I want the tall cycle concepts seat, but I'm hesitant to order because of the long delay from order to shipment. Also, I'm not excited about stapling the cover and foam onto the seat.
I think you mean Seat Concepts? You don't staple the foam to the seat, you remove the old foam and cover from your seat, glue the new foam on the seat (shell) with a thin layer of contact cement and staple the new cover over the new foam and on to the old shell. I did this with nothing but a pair of needle nose pliers and a screwdriver: remove all the staples, one side at a time so as not to mangle them, then replace them one at a time in the same holes with a combination of the pliers and a small hammer. Not the prettiest job but it has held together for 8 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts