TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'm having a hard time putting miles on mine... After buying the bike and helmet I learned that I need a motorcycle specific license for NC. I made an appointment at the DMV, but they are booked out all the way through November. So, legally, I have to wait 6 weeks to take the motorcycle driving exam before I can drive it on the country roads around my home. There is a 2 mile long gravel road that my neighbors live on. I'm pretty sure they are tired of watching me and my young daughters running up and down their 2 mile long driveway over and over again.

I've had it a week and I've only got 30 miles on it. 15 trips down that same gravel road, at 20mph, is getting old quick. But, my kids love riding on the back with me, and that is a huge plus. I have been thanking God for giving us such a fun way to spend time together. Just me and my girls. One of the neighbors, on that gravel road, has a horse so we take carrots with us on each ride...

Making memories!
If those southeastern States are handling this Covid thing like sunny southern Oregon is, you should oughta just get the exam appointment and ride the bike. I have been riding my little Honda Helix with no plate at all since Ole Blue the hound was a pup.

I have been told that nobody cares right now. We'll see bit do far it has proved true. My VIN inspection at the DMV just got moved up to December.

PS... My 30 year old Son has been waiting almost a year for a spot in the motorcycle endorsement class.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
We all knew you'd like it. About those mirrors, if you play with them you can make it better. Loosen them at the bottom and turn them til they are at they're very widest and then adjust the top part. Still won't be perfect.

I was going to heat and bend that lower bend but ended up spending a chunk of money on these...

Doubletake Mirror - Indestructible Motorcycle Mirrors- Enduro set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHVTHVY/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_HRGGKSYG086P8PJ178EW

I love them up til 47 mph when they make cars and trucks all look like blobs of fuzz.

Unbreakable and you can get longer stems.

PS... Ditto what they are saying about that backwards stapler. It's da best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts