TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100_2010.JPG

Nice,clean 1988 model with 7K actual miles.The seller had owned it approximately 3 years,was told about my interest in a TW by a chum that saw one of my CL 'want TW' ads. $800. I certainly didn't steal it,it's a 'good' deal however,IMO,because the bike is exactly as described and a stock survivor.....with a 'proper',open title.

Now,what to do with it.... hmmmm.....leave it alone and enjoy it,or........start cuttin'......

Sam

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well 99% of the forum members are avid off road riders. I am that rare 1% of under others. What are your intentions for your bike? Off Road or Others. Either way you will change up something. Soon as we know the forum will come alive with helpful members to guide you.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I've tried a few bolt on mods but almost always go back to the stock version. I've tried 14/47 gearing, didn't like it, tried a larger main jet and needle shims, killed the mpg. I did open the idle mixture up a bit and fabricated a luggage rack which are the only "mods" I have liked.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Landser, congrats on the new arrival!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats. Start riding it like it is, then you can decide what you really want to change and what will work best for you and your style of riding.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: I brought...

Thanks to all for your replies....I'm going to spend some time with it as is,and research the many options for it while doing so...This Forum is outstanding-Kudos to the mods and members for both content and behaviour.
I would like to 'develop' the TW further for trail onlyriding,to the extent that any road use is eliminated if need be. I have a huge trail network on 60ac,and the 'Ag-Dub' would serve me well as a 'trail mule' for the maintenance the trails require.
To that end,I think that only a few changes will be needed; tires-gearing-exhaust system. I've read & re-read the front tire thread,outstanding information there(!). regarding the rear ,I would like to use an ATV tire.
However,I would want a ATV tire that is more aggressive,but round in profile w/o a square shoulder. I've not began to research the possibilities yet,perhaps another member has and will share his(her) findings...
Lastly-fenders- I'd like to remove all of the stock plastic and replace with the more traditional round valance fenders(plastic or alloy) found on dirtbikes of the '70's/80's(i.e.,Preston Petty brand,etc).

So,fellas,that's the direction I'm headed.......thoughts/suggestions?

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts