TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Knowing you'll give an honest answer :)

Do these fit well over hand guards, do you like them?

I hope the owner gets them back..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put them over narrow hand guards, the ones about 3" tall and they fit well. Not sure about the full size ones.
I ordered all female ones, Fred, but I guess I should have checked before I let them sleep together. You're very welcome.

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
Thought I had posted a glowing review of the Tusk mitts last night. I really enjoyed them and was impressed for following reasons:

1)With less than five minutes from when Rider21 loaned them to me to our Group Ride departure I had little time to install them yet all worked out well. They would fit better with a hole or slot to accommodate rear view mirror stalks
2)The Tusk Mitts fold flat and can be efficiently stowed on the bike whenever rain or chill threatens. Size is about that of two National Geographic magazines , very flat.
3)They kept my hands warm.
4)They kept my hands mostly dry after an hour or so of heavy downpour at sub-40mph speeds ( A little rain rolled down my raincoat sleeves and entered the mitts, lowering elbows helped stop this ).
5) Price is very reasonable at ~$20 from Rocky Mtn MX

Note: Rider21 had Scotchguarded the brand new pair he graciously loaned me. This and the newness might have helped with them staying dry inside after an hour or so.

I would happily buy Rider's spare pair.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fred, I'll happily give you my 3rd pair the next time we hook up. Hoping for moab but my sciatica is giving me fits and
I'm not sure I can handle the long road miles to there and back the way things are at present. I'm trying to get in to see a back Dr. and meanwhile I'm doing exercises specifically for the sciatica but I don't know how long before I can get in. Between that and my restless leg syndrome, which allowed me less than one hour of sleep last night, I'm about to go bat shit crazy. Trying to get in to see a neurologist for the latter malady. Referrals and whatnot take too much time.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Fred, I'll happily give you my 3rd pair the next time we hook up. Hoping for moab but my sciatica is giving me fits and
I'm not sure I can handle the long road miles to there and back the way things are at present. I'm trying to get in to see a back Dr. and meanwhile I'm doing exercises specifically for the sciatica but I don't know how long before I can get in. Between that and my restless leg syndrome, which allowed me less than one hour of sleep last night, I'm about to go bat shit crazy. Trying to get in to see a neurologist for the latter malady. Referrals and whatnot take too much time.
DAMN!! Talk about your double whammy!! :( Hope you can get some relief somehow... m.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Ouch, I can't imagine the pain your have to tolerate. Hope things get better sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch, I can't imagine the pain your have to tolerate. Hope things get better sooner rather than later!
Thanks, Chris. It's not the pain right now that's the problem but lack of sleep from the RLS. One hour night before last and maybe 3 hrs last night. I try to nap during the day but RLS kicks in as soon as I lay down. I can't sit up and nap because of the sciatic. I feel ok on my feet but haven't learned to sleep standing up yet.:(
Well enough whining. I know there are people out there a lot worse off than I am and I'm confident things will get better.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Have you tried Medical Marijuana and/or Melatonin? It helps bro.

Reactions: mhomadness and Ken

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you tried Medical Marijuana and/or Melatonin? It helps bro.

It's not insomnia LT, it's the Restless Leg Syndrome that keeps me awake. But... I have tried a couple of strains to no avail. Although it sometimes takes the edge off when things get real bad.

·
Registered
323 Posts
wow....You described the last 4 years since my back surgery. I had a herniated disc at L5-S1, left side. Random calf spasm, full blown hamstring cramps. Couldn't sleep well, constant turning, no relief. Therapy did not help, had to get the surgery.
Still have symptoms, although no one would know by looking at me or watching me ride a bike. I pay a price after every 2 hour ride. Constant stretching (Piriformis) helps quite a bit but does not keep me 100% aggravation free. Usually no pain, but soreness. Sitting for long periods is bad. Yesterday I went to see LOGAN with my brother at the movies, and after 1/2 hour in that cool theater recliner seat, my calf started twitching . Time to sit upright and flex.

I wish you the best of luck. It's a tough call to stay with therapy or getting surgery, quality of life is important. I recommend trying therapy as long as possible/feasible before deciding on surgery.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Just thought I would mention it. It has helped a few folks.

It's not insomnia LT, it's the Restless Leg Syndrome that keeps me awake. But... I have tried a couple of strains to no avail. Although it sometimes takes the edge off when things get real bad.

Reactions: mhomadness and Ken

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I had that when I was younger, damn third leg had a mind of its own. I eventually beat the problem! LOL hahahha :rolleyes:

Reactions: mhomadness
1 - 19 of 19 Posts