TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I've purchased two in one month. One for myself and another for my bride. Both 87 models.

Tonight, MO_Tdub and I went out on my first lengthy ride on some country roads. Yea, I've got the bug.

View attachment 31953

HaHa LOL... happens every time bro... :p

·
Registered
545 Posts
It happens
876.jpg
Hers my 2003 and then found 87,
If you get lucky you will stop with the Two,
Unless one for $900 shows up running and driving,
Or that Rainbow Warrior shows up,
Or,
Or,
Good luck with the 87s,
Since you have two 87s which are peppier than the other years,
Which is peppier, The red or blue?
You're pretty lucky to have 2 from 87,
Word of mouth says they sold about 3000 of them that first year,
But judging from how many folks show up here with 87s Im led to believe that Yamaha sold about a million of them in 87 !
Happy trails,
Peter B

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't go off on how wonderful the '87 is brother tommy... fastest Tdub don'cha know:p
Everyone knows it already, so why mention it anymore?

But while I'm here...

87's are the fastest!!!

:p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While 2016 was technically the 30th year the TW200s have been in production......it would be really cool if Yamaha would make the 2017 TW200 in the same RED frame as the '87 bikes came in...or some of them came in.

A nice homage to the '87s...for '17......Red framed bikes with choices of White or Black plastic bodywork on them....WITH....a kick starter on them :D
Dude...I :love_heart: my kickstarter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet rides!

Rainbow Warrior? Is that the '94 model? What's so special about them?
My wife and I are still getting adjusted to them since these are our first motorbikes. When the day comes and we're good for racing, I'll remember this post and let you know.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Rainbow Warriors are the pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow!! It's colors everywhere! Maybe Yamaha's marketing person had a bad LSD trip and just splashed colors around. :p :tongue1:

Here's a pic of the '94 I bought.

IMG_2254.JPG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts