TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode the bike today LOL.I ran out of gas on the way too.

Statements

5:55 AM EDT Thursday 02 April 2015
Special weather statement in effect for:
•Innisfil - New Tecumseth - Angus
•Orangeville - Grand Valley - Southern Dufferin County
•Shelburne - Mansfield - Northern Dufferin County

Eastern Ontario: brief freezing rain early this morning. Southwestern and Central Ontario, the Golden Horseshoe: risk of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.

A low pressure system moving across Northern Ontario will control the weather for next couple of days.

A warm front associated with this low pressure system will move across Eastern Ontario bringing a mixed bag of precipitation. Some spotty freezing rain is occurring early this morning just ahead of the front. A freezing rain warning is in effect for parts of Central and Eastern Ontario where the freezing rain is expected to last a little longer.

In addition, a low pressure trough associated with the low pressure system will move through Southwestern Ontario, Central Ontario, and the Golden Horseshoe later this afternoon. A few thunderstorms are likely near the trough. Localized rainfall up to 25 mm is possible in isolated thunderstorms. None of the thunderstorms are expected to be severe.

Please monitor the latest forecasts and warnings from Environment Canada at Weather Information - Environment Canada.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well at least you got out for a ride even if it was a short one. We still have tons of snow on the ground here. I wont be getting out for a while yet.
Heck fishing season opened yesterday and with 20-30" of ice on the lakes and the snow on the ground I wont be going fishing any-time soon either.
This picture of my fishing rig was taken a few days ago. Unless I hire a backhoe my Tracker wont be seeing the road until this mess melts!! Global warming at its best!!

Reactions: ssgtrillium

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dubster I feel your pain.I'm from Nova Scotia too.What part are you in?
The weather is looking good for now but thunder showers for later today so I might get damp going home.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
still winter here as well... we were out skiing on Monday

Attachments

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dubster I feel your pain.I'm from Nova Scotia too.What part are you in?
The weather is looking good for now but thunder showers for later today so I might get damp going home.
I live in Lake Echo just east of Dartmouth. Its currently +2 here right now but the weatherman is calling for +7 tomorrow and +4 Saturday with rain. That should help get rid of some of the snow although flooding could be a problem. Hopefully a change is on the way and I can get out for a ride soon. I’m starting to get "shack wacky".:fatigue: I feel like building a snowman just so I can punch it in the carrot face and kick it in the snowballs.:D

What part of Nova Scotia are you from??

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I lived in Dartmouth when I was a kid on Moria st. and went to North brook PS. My mother lives in the condos by where the old rotary was and I have a sister in Cole harbor.It's going to be very messy when all your snow starts to melt.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I live in Lake Echo just east of Dartmouth. Its currently +2 here right now but the weatherman is calling for +7 tomorrow and +4 Saturday with rain. That should help get rid of some of the snow although flooding could be a problem. Hopefully a change is on the way and I can get out for a ride soon. I’m starting to get "shack wacky".:fatigue: I feel like building a snowman just so I can punch it in the carrot face and kick it in the snowballs.:D

What part of Nova Scotia are you from??
Shack Wacky indeed! For a few days I had my eldest son's old snowboard strapped to the front tire of my TW:eek: Thankfully I was entirely to lazy to try and strap chains to the rear tire so that project didn't go far:D

Tom

Reactions: Dubster

·
Registered
583 Posts
The sun actually came out this afternoon and the temp came up to a balmy 9C. Problem is I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and just didn't feel like going out for a ride.
I have been all around very bad colds and flu's all winter and haven't had so much as a sniffle. I go to Cuba a couple weeks ago and come home with a virus. Go figure.Been home for a week now and feel like [email protected] Should have drank a bit more rum I guess. ;)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
The sun actually came out this afternoon and the temp came up to a balmy 9C. Problem is I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and just didn't feel like going out for a ride.
I have been all around very bad colds and flu's all winter and haven't had so much as a sniffle. I go to Cuba a couple weeks ago and come home with a virus. Go figure.Been home for a week now and feel like [email protected] Should have drank a bit more rum I guess. ;)
Sorry you are not feeling well. It is never too late for "more rum"!

Tom

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was in Toronto yesterday and it was so nice and warm I would have even enjoyed pushing my TW to a gas station.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks for the condolences and advice Tom but i'm well ahead of you on the advice. I happened to bring a couple bottles of 15 year Havana Club home with me. Beats the hell out of "two aspirins and call me in the morning".:D I'm feeling better already.;) IMG_1581.JPG

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Thanks for the condolences and advice Tom but i'm well ahead of you on the advice. I happened to bring a couple bottles of 15 year Havana Club home with me. Beats the hell out of "two aspirins and call me in the morning".:D I'm feeling better already.;) View attachment 15910
I don't have any really good Havana Club rum but I have been known to keep a bottle of Cruzan vanilla rum and a few diet rootbeers handy. Adult rootbeer float;)

Tom

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't have any really good Havana Club rum but I have been known to keep a bottle of Cruzan vanilla rum and a few diet rootbeers handy. Adult rootbeer float;)

Tom
In that case Tom.........Cheers and good night!!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Cheers! Get a good nights rest.

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts