TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Relax! I just bought another bike! 馃き馃構
I picked up this sweetheart 1994 Serow/XT225 the other day. It has 2200 miles and is as clean in person as it looks in the pictures. So far, I can't find anything wrong with it, except the neutral light doesn't come on. I was happy to get it for $1,500. The best part? My wife is ok with me having another relationship! She's a little light in the rear tire, but I'm ok with it.

Attachments

Registered
nice looking bike!

Reactions: imlost

Registered
Nice bike, check out the Serow Forum, They have some good info there.

Registered
Exceptional find, must have been kept in climate controlled environment. That back tire will make your ass look fat!

Marty

Reactions: troll and imlost

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Exceptional find, must have been kept in climate controlled environment. That back tire will make your ass look fat!

Marty
HAHAHAHA! I'm going to be really self-conscious now! I'll wear a really bright helmet to detract attention.

Registered
Keep an eye on the rear spokes/hub...once they start breaking it's like dominoes.
Check out the local buy & sell or CL for the rear wheel off a TTR...steel hub, better lacing pattern and fits with only minor mods.

The engine on these is almost identical to the TW....except that front sprocket replacement is SO MUCH EASIER!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I've been reading stories about the rear spokes. I still haven't learned why this happens - Maybe they get loose before they break. Man, I'd sure like to avoid that nightmare if possible. Thanks for the tip on the TTR wheel option- I didn't know that.

The front sprocket access is so awesome!

Registered
Great score on a nice looking XT!

You should snag one of Placerlode's output shaft extensions while they are still available, just in case you ever want to swap that engine into your TW.

Registered
I've been reading stories about the rear spokes. I still haven't learned why this happens - Maybe they get loose before they break. Man, I'd sure like to avoid that nightmare if possible. Thanks for the tip on the TTR wheel option- I didn't know that.

The front sprocket access is so awesome!
It supposedly has to do with the lacing pattern and the fact that the rear hub is made of cornflake crumbs...
But seriously, keep an eye on them because if one breaks, it can stress the remaining ones and pull them out of the hub.

When I had my XT, I searched high and low for a TTR wheel but never found one....until 3 months AFTER I had sold it.

It was a great bike though, I had it jetted perfectly...could lift the front wheel from a stop. Check out the XT225 forums as suggested...they have lots of good info over there.

Registered
Interesting. I had a 2007 with over 13000 km and never had an issue and my friend (do not know the year) has one with over 40000 km and has never had an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts