TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on some other forums and now how to us the search and the wiki but i can't get it to work on here or find it

so sorry for whats most like ley been posted like 9000000000000000000000000 times

I am getting a TW and wont to know what should be my first few up grads i wont more speed so i am thinking gearing, exhaust, jets, air filter

sound grate but i dont now what kind to get or from where

thank you

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am on some other forums and now how to us the search and the wiki but i can't get it to work on here or find it

so sorry for whats most like ley been posted like 9000000000000000000000000 times

I am getting a TW and wont to know what should be my first few up grads i wont more speed so i am thinking gearing, exhaust, jets, air filter

sound grate but i dont now what kind to get or from where

thank you

·
Registered
113 Posts
My fav upgrades;

Jimbo shield

oversized chinese pegs

Clarke tank

100w/55w H4 headlight bulb

Moose racing bark busters and Lg. hand guards

TCI borrego rack and cortec tail bag

Kenda 627 dualsport front tire

Dick cepec headlight guard

Kx 110 handlebars for appx 1.5" additional height

EMGO Dualsport mirrors

mini turn signals

No engine mods, I like the dependability,and am presently happy with the gearing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You could spend quite a bit trying to make it faster and gain 1 whole horsepower. A slightly smaller rear sprocket will make it a bit more tolerable at highway speeds. Jets don't make it faster unless you're improperly jetted now. Even then, the difference will be negligible to slight. Same with air filters. Comfy highway cruising is not what this bike was made for. It's a compromise like most things in life. Keep it at max 60, take it on some trails or where there are no trails.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You could spend quite a bit trying to make it faster and gain 1 whole horsepower. A slightly smaller rear sprocket will make it a bit more tolerable at highway speeds. Jets don't make it faster unless you're improperly jetted now. Even then, the difference will be negligible to slight. Same with air filters. Comfy highway cruising is not what this bike was made for. It's a compromise like most things in life. Keep it at max 60, take it on some trails or where there are no trails.

Well said, fishhuntr1. My advice is twist the knob on the right hand side of the handlebar as far back as it will go, and then don't let go no matter what.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
If you want more speed, get a different bike. If you are in the U. S. of A., rejetting the carb will gain a little low speed and midrange, making the bike slightly quicker, but not much faster on top end. In most cases, the only way to make the bike faster is a cam and springs upgrade.

The stock gearing is about all a stock engine can pull on the flat and level, but a slightly taller final drive ratio helps with the vibration and improves 1st gear roll-out. A bit too tall a final drive ratio will result in rather annoying width of the 3-4 and 4-5 gaps--the engine winds out, then when shifted to the next gear falls off the powerband and the bike slows down. Anywho, an o-ring chain costs about as much as sprockets, lock washers, case cover gasket, and another cheap chain, and will last 4 times as long with significantly lower maintenance requirements. Thus, a worthwhile investment.

As far as other mods, whatever gives you a motorgasm is fair game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts