TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with this Duck Commander beard stuff? If it's all about beards, explain Islam.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I dont get it either but I dont watch any tv unless its a movie. Todays shows are so stupid I dont see how anyone with 1/3 of a brain can stand to watch them. I sound like my grandpa but im only 33. It seems like tv represents a big part of society today and thats scary. All reality shows make me puke

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Don't know what to tell you Qwerty. I have a full beard, is white. One little girl asked me about xmas time. Why is there no hair on your head? I told her my last trip down I lost my scarf. My hair got so cold it all broke off and just never came back. She was in awe. As far as the Duck family, they do have a lot of hair, but I have seen dreadlocks much larger and can't imagine having a mess like that attached to me. Of course, just another personal opinion. Thing I like about a full beard is that with an open faced helmet the rain doesn't sting so bad and I haven't been stung by a bee that has hit my cheek while riding.

·
Registered
184 Posts
that show has to be mostly poor acting,because the company couldn't succed or even manufacture that many duxck calls to make a profit with that bunch of stupid ,lazy,dumbass,rednecks. they are alyways goofing off.they must have a plant somewhere producing calls with real workers off camera. i can't stand these so called reality shows.they are as far from reality as anything can get.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Tinnitus makes me do it because I can't stand the buzzing in my ears unless I produce some sort of background noise. I have hundreds of channels beamed in from a satellite but only ever have news on the TV. Flipping around in the evening supports my belief that we are heading to hell in a hand basket!

I do sport a full beard in the winter but keep it very short, brakes up the monotony of my face. I could never stand the rats nest the duck dudes wear. At least that show is tons better than 99% of the other crap they call entertainment TV.

GaryL

·
Registered
363 Posts
You guys obviously haven't discovered Downton Abby !:p

·
Registered
445 Posts
that show has to be mostly poor acting,because the company couldn't succed or even manufacture that many duxck calls to make a profit with that bunch of stupid ,lazy,dumbass,rednecks. they are alyways goofing off.they must have a plant somewhere producing calls with real workers off camera. i can't stand these so called reality shows.they are as far from reality as anything can get.
Actually, the family are multi-millionaire even before the show came on the air. In 2012, the company earned 40 million dollars. Here is a brief bio from Wikipedia "Duck Commander is both the brand of a best-selling duck call and the name of the company in West Monroe, Louisiana, United States, that makes it and other duck-hunting merchandise,[SUP][1][/SUP] as well as deer-hunting merchandise under the Buck Commander brand.
Phil Robertson, a star football quarterback at Louisiana Tech University, founded the company rather than play professional football in the NFL.[SUP][2][/SUP] He began his business in a dilapidated shed, where he spent 25 years making duck calls from Louisiana cedar trees.[SUP][3][/SUP]
Robertson's third son, Willie Robertson, is the chief executive officer and expanded the family business into a multi-million dollar enterprise."

I can't stand reality show either but since I work in finance, I'm in awe how they grew this company into a multi-million dollar operation on a simple duck call. Why can't I come up with an invention like that?

·
Registered
184 Posts
thanks for the info purple,that explains a lot ,but the show itself sort of lets people believe these guys do the manufacturing themselves.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is one reality show that's outstanding. "Flying wild Alaska". Not to be confused with any of the other "Alaska" shows. If someone described it to me I would have said "ok, first eposode might be good but the rest will just be a repeat of the first. No so. I loved that show (no longer on but can be found on Netflix).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts