TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, last night, little Ginger Snap let me know it was time for her to go. She had been a little sick for the last couple weeks and I had worked hard to nurse her back towards health, but, the last two days, she stopped eating and drinking again and started wetting her bed. The sparkle in her eyes had been gone for about a week. I always told myself that when she was no longer happy, that it would be time to have her put down. I never wanted that day to come.

She was born August 20th, 1999. She was an absolutely beautiful purebred tan and fawn long haired Chihuahua and the sweetest Chihuahua I ever had. Her favorite things in the whole wide world were playing outside, riding in the basket up front on the bicycle or in my backpack on a motorcycle. She was a true biker and a great companion. She will be missed so much.

This isn't her, but this is what she looked like, especially the second and third picture.

Rest in peace little Ginger, I loved you so much. You were the greatest!!
August 20th, 1999 - January 15th, 2016

I thought I would be able to handle it when the time came, but my heart is broken. I feel just terrible about having her put down.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My condolences, Tommy. Not easy losing such a good friend.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry for your loss, sometimes the right thing is the hardest to do. Keep her memories close, she is in a better place.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
My eyes moistened when I read this as I feel bad for both you littletommy and your Ginger Snap.

I will think of you both this day as this sadness in your life is also my sadness.

It will take some time for grieving and such, but tomorrow starts a new day.

I believe you two will be reunited one day, so it's not "so long", but "till we meet again"!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
So sorry for your loss, LT. God bless brother.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Sorry LT...I lost more than my share of Airedales, Coonhounds, and mutts....and it is never easy....at least GS had a long happy life for you to enjoy.:(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Condolences, Tommy. RIP Ginger Snap.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
She had a good man to look after her during her time on this planet - take consolation in that

No tears Tommy - remember the good times - she'd have wanted you to do that .......

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Tommy, I am so sorry to hear about your little Gingersnap.
She had a good, long life with you and your gave her love, companionship, fun, warmth & safety.
She could not have had it better and we don't get the keep them very long, but we can love them forever.
The only bad thing about dogs is they leave us far too soon.
Just hunker down and breathe...

1 - 20 of 117 Posts